Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

new Cavalier's performance question

mkfanatic
09-23-2005, 11:02 AM
What do the newer Cavaliers (with the 150 hp engine) run 0 to 60 and 1/4 mile?

Chevy4life1985
09-23-2005, 11:43 AM
What do the newer Cavaliers (with the 150 hp engine) run 0 to 60 and 1/4 mile?
0-60 in 6.8seconds and the 1/4 in 16.8. All stock.

mkfanatic
09-23-2005, 11:51 AM
um, yeah, ok, that 0 to 60 is not consistent with the 1/4 mile time you gave. A car doing 6.8 is usually in the 15's. And I know for certain the new cavalier's are not doing 6.8 because I have beaten them and I'm not even doing 6.8

KustmAce
09-23-2005, 11:57 AM
um, yeah, ok, that 0 to 60 is not consistent with the 1/4 mile time you gave. A car doing 6.8 is usually in the 15's. And I know for certain the new cavalier's are not doing 6.8 because I have beaten them and I'm not even doing 6.8

Well Mr. Know-It-All, if your so sure what its NOT, how about finding the info yourself.

Chevy4life1985
09-23-2005, 12:34 PM
Well Mr. Know-It-All, if your so sure what its NOT, how about finding the info yourself.
I believe im right but anyways thanks for the backup man :iagree:

Chevy4life1985
09-23-2005, 12:43 PM
Here are the stats your lookin for. Oh and by the way dipshit i was wrong. Top speed : 112 mph(electronically limited)
0-60 mph : 8.0 sec.
0-¼ mile : 16.2 sec @ 85.0 mph
60-0 braking distance : 130 ft
200 ft skidpad : 0.80 g
0-60 is slower but the 1/4 mile time is faster. so stfu i didnt go by a site i was assuming. beside you drive a fuckin crown vic. SO um lets see your comparing a V8 to a I4.

Mod'd_Cav
09-23-2005, 01:40 PM
Here are the stats your lookin for. Oh and by the way dipshit i was wrong. Top speed : 112 mph(electronically limited)
0-60 mph : 8.0 sec.
0-¼ mile : 16.2 sec @ 85.0 mph
60-0 braking distance : 130 ft
200 ft skidpad : 0.80 g
0-60 is slower but the 1/4 mile time is faster. so stfu i didnt go by a site i was assuming. beside you drive a fuckin crown vic. SO um lets see your comparing a V8 to a I4.

what are you soo mad about...so what if you were wrong...and ya...6-7 seconds for 0-60 is consistant with 14-15 second times
you dont need to get mad and start calling names..relax man
and who said he was comparing..maybe he wants to know the stats cuz hes considering buying one..or maybe hes just curious...it could be for any reason...cool it man

Mod'd_Cav
09-23-2005, 01:57 PM
i dont know what it is about this place but almost everyone that takes part in this forums has an anger issue when it comes to being wrong...everyone argues..everyone fights with each other...maybe ppl should stop closing their ears and opening their mouths...theres too much hate in this site...im sick of shit like when make a mistake of the understanding the meaning of the litre size of an engine...i was wrong about it..i thanked the person who corrected me and now i know what it means...but the first thing said to me was "your stupid for thinking thats what it is..what..did you fall off a turnip truck?"....i was wrong...i didnt get mad..it didnt offend me that someone corrected me...but you know what IS offensive...when some shit head starts calling names cuz what you said was wrong..or when some prick starts calling names to the person who corrected him

Ok so any of you that have been posting here more than about 4 months will know me! I was pretty big on here and posted lots tried to help out whoever whenever. an old thread was revived recently which got me conversing with CRJ again. I thouhgt i'd check some of the threads in here to see what's going on thinking 'i kind of miss posting here' and i was instantly reminded why i stopped by reading only 2 threads. there's nothing but hate on here. all flaming and stupid shit like that! people who don't know what they are tlaking about telling people theyare wrong because their friends, cousin's brother-in-laws, sisters told them something and they've taken that to be the truth! I believe only a few people on here truly know what they are talking about! If you aren't 100% sure why the fuck do you have to stick your nose in and just flame someone. Man this is going to shit! to many cocksuckers ruining what was a great thing! Shame on you all! you can flame me all you want but you don't know me if you do and you are obviously just one of the people outlined above!

have a nice life!

im with noshun this place is getting retarded

have a nice life

mkfanatic
09-23-2005, 09:20 PM
I wasn't trying to be a prick. And obviously, you don't realize how slow Crown Vic's are. The tend to do 0 to 60 in about 8.8 seconds and 1/4 mile in 16.8 but not my car. I raced a Cavalier and smoked it and I only had the accelerator 3/4 the way pushed. I'm just trying to figure out what my car is running because I have done mods to it and it is much faster then any stock Crown Vic out there and I'm trying to find out what I'm running around in the 0-60 and 1/4 mile time.

mkfanatic
09-23-2005, 09:23 PM
I wasn't trying to be a prick. And obviously, you don't realize how slow Crown Vic's are. They tend to do 0 to 60 in about 8.8 seconds and 1/4 mile in 16.8 even though it is a V8, but not my car. I raced a Cavalier and smoked it and I only had the accelerator 3/4 the way pushed. I'm just trying to figure out what my car is running because I have done mods to it and it is much faster then any stock Crown Vic out there and I'm trying to find out what I'm running around in the 0-60 and 1/4 mile time.

-Jayson-
09-23-2005, 09:59 PM
stock cavaliers with the Twin Cam 150HP engine run the 1/4 normally at 15.7@88MPH. Dont argue with me, ive been to the track with more cavaliers and more times than pretty much anyone on this forum.

Add your comment to this topic!