Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Where did you guys mount your amp?

daveb2012
09-07-2005, 03:19 AM
Just wondering, trying to find a spot in my 97.

RonBurgendy
09-07-2005, 06:03 AM
I mounted mine right on my box. on the side to be exact and i think it looks the best there. but you could basically put it anywhere you wanted to

Mod'd_Cav
09-07-2005, 07:25 AM
i mounted mine on top of my dual 10 inch sub box...so when i take out the subs...EVERYthing comes out with them

RonBurgendy
09-07-2005, 09:54 AM
Hey mod'd cav i know this has nothing to do with this thread but where did you get your hood at? i've been looking at your car and i think it's the nicest one on this forum. you did a good job on it

Mod'd_Cav
09-07-2005, 10:17 AM
haha...thats not my exact car..mines a deeper more metallic red and has subaru style rims and the spoiler is by JSP...but i ordered my hood thru a friend's aunt and uncle in the states...dont know the name of the buisness or their location...but im done dealing thru them cuz im done hassling them when they send me the wrong parts all the time...i am on the other hand opening up a buisness of my own tho lol...when i get my car back from south of where i live ill post some pictures...i just left it with my parents cuz im in school and i didnt want to pay for gas or registration

KustmAce
09-07-2005, 11:04 AM
Mines mounted on the box. It used to be on the back of the backseat, but I had to move it when I yanked the seat.

cavzilla_z24
09-07-2005, 01:32 PM
back seat behind subs tucked away all nice and neat

RonBurgendy
09-07-2005, 01:51 PM
Thats cool. I'd like to see some pics when you get them. my car is in the works still. i'm gonna put up pictures when i'm done with it hopefully soon. Let me know when you open up that business i'll probably buy some stuff of you if the price is right

Mod'd_Cav
09-07-2005, 03:00 PM
haha..will do

bh04
09-07-2005, 05:02 PM
Just wondering, trying to find a spot in my 97.

This is the back of my sub box when I pull my backseat down. It get's the most cooling when it is mounted up and down like mine shown. If an amp is mounted on top of a box, it doenst have as much cooling capability as one like on the side or back. (My local car audio dealer told me that when I was 16)
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/847000-847999/847515_4.jpg

That's what I was told by a professional and ever since then with any amplifier that I have had, it has never overheated to where it shuts off temporairly. Also when the back seat is down it looks pretty cool too.

CCLaguna
09-08-2005, 05:55 PM
Can anyone here throw in some pics, I would love to see them. :)

daveb2012
09-09-2005, 02:39 AM
I have no box to mount it on, Im just powering the 4x6s in doors and 6x9s in rear.. I was thinking of drilling in the side of of some where in the trunk, not sure of this is a good idea though.

Chevy4life1985
09-09-2005, 08:35 AM
I have no box to mount it on, Im just powering the 4x6s in doors and 6x9s in rear.. I was thinking of drilling in the side of of some where in the trunk, not sure of this is a good idea though.
If your just powering the 4x6 and 6x9 you could just put it under the driver or passenger seat. Thats what i would do. If you know what your doing you could put it there and hide the wires. It saves room and it doesnt look so weird, cuz an amp alone in the trunk looks wierd. Trust me I know thats where mine is. Looks gay. But i need it there cuz im running two amps so i need the distrubution box. Im running an audionbahn 4x400watt amp for the door and rear speakers and and audiobahn 2x1600watt amp for my subs (no subs yet though :( .Plus you wont use as much wire such as the power, ground, remote, and speaker wire.

freakinsick
09-10-2005, 10:35 AM
I mounted mine right on my box. on the side to be exact and i think it looks the best there. but you could basically put it anywhere you wanted to
Ahh dude what amp and box are you running? is it pounding???

96chevy
11-29-2005, 07:58 PM
i have a big sub box in my trunk and i mounted 2 amps onto the backseat, so when i wanna show people i can just fold it down, they screwed on nicely and it looks nice too

CCLaguna
11-29-2005, 08:00 PM
I'm getting an amp just for my 2 back speakers, I don't have subs. Where would be a good place to mount the amp, it's not that big. It's only about 1'x1' in size.

Mangoamerican
02-19-2006, 04:27 AM
i mounted my amp on the back of the smaller seat.. wrapped up the ends.. havent had any problems

WS-Enterprise
02-20-2006, 12:09 PM
fist install in my car i mounted to the back of the seat. Since im changing out the subs and amps to 2 2,800w 15" subs with 2 3,000w amps and a 760w 4 channel i really havent thought about where im going to put them.

97cavy
02-20-2006, 11:13 PM
Zip tied to the windshield...

JK.

I could never mount mine to a box. I like sealed enclosures to remain 100% sealed. I guess I am just picky like that, but it is just one of those things.
I mounted one of mine for the front components through the glove box (has 2 60mm fans on the mosfets) and the other 2 for the subs & 6x9 on the back of a plexiglass plate, which is cut to match the cutout of where the trunk meets the back of the seat. (it would be much easier to just throw them in that little cargo net hahaha)

cavzilla_z24
02-21-2006, 10:22 AM
I mounted mine on my backseat, its nice and keeps the clutter out of veiw when ur looking in from the trunk also its kinda showy if you want to lay the seat down and show off ur bangen amp

4dr92cavi4cyl
02-21-2006, 02:59 PM
fist install in my car i mounted to the back of the seat. Since im changing out the subs and amps to 2 2,800w 15" subs with 2 3,000w amps and a 760w 4 channel i really havent thought about where im going to put them.

Holy crap! Are those gonna fit in your trunk?

A few thousand dollars later and now you're going to need a new high-output alternator (~$200) and maybe a few more batteries and/or capacitor to give those amps the 1.21 gigawatts of power they will need, lol. Once you get it hooked up and working you may want to invest in some replacement windows for the bass-shattered windows.

03CavyMan
02-21-2006, 03:06 PM
I just have mine tucked nice and neat behind the sub box.

97cavy
02-21-2006, 07:48 PM

A few thousand dollars later and now you're going to need a new high-output alternator (~$200) and maybe a few more batteries and/or capacitor to give those amps the 1.21 gigawatts of power they will need, lol. Once you get it hooked up and working you may want to invest in some replacement windows for the bass-shattered windows.

15" subs fit tighter than a nun's crotch, but they fit. I used to have 2 Lanzar pros back in 97 in my 95. Squeezed em in.

faroutguy
02-21-2006, 08:52 PM
probably not the best but my amp is just sitting behind my sub box, i have my sub right at the back of the trunk touching the back, then i have the amp behind it between the seat and sub box, and its not screwed down or anything, but my trunk is empty other then that

97cavy
02-21-2006, 11:56 PM
if it aint broke.... :P

Doesnt matter how it is applied, as long as it stays cool, and operable.

WS-Enterprise
02-22-2006, 12:42 AM

LOL I have a high output alt on the way from ohio generators and 3 2400 series drycell batteries. I will also be running 2 3.0 farad caps just for the extra boost. As far as fitting I am having to custom build a box to fit these subs in there. I am making it out of 3/4" MDF as for the windows... if I do eventually break them I will upgrade to lexan all the way around.

Add your comment to this topic!