Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

SHAVED shit?

odellcivic
07-04-2005, 07:56 PM
Just a question for someone that actually knows? (I hate ppl that that just take bullshit off topic on ppls threads....) Does anyone know if shaved door handles are illegal in British Columbia?

Greenblurr93
07-05-2005, 12:34 PM
shouldnt be, but the only way to find out is to go to your town hall and ask.

BrodyP
07-05-2005, 04:09 PM
Are they illegal anywhere?

Greenblurr93
07-05-2005, 07:46 PM
ive never heard of them being illegal anywhere, but with some states weird laws, i wouldnt be surprised to hear if they are.

BrodyP
07-06-2005, 04:43 PM
ive never heard of them being illegal anywhere, but with some states weird laws, i wouldnt be surprised to hear if they are.

Yes your right It wouldn't surprise me. I mean I got pulled over for my car being to low the cop was measuring it. I was like you got to be kidding me haha.

eckoman_pdx
07-08-2005, 02:26 PM
Yes your right It wouldn't surprise me. I mean I got pulled over for my car being to low the cop was measuring it. I was like you got to be kidding me haha.

Oh, eveyr state has vehicle height laws, but it varies from state to state. Some staes, it has to be so many inchs from the middel of the headlights to the ground (at minimum), others, like Oregon, the car cann't be lower than the lowest portion of the wheel rim. In the case of oregon, a car on 18's are be lower legally than a car on 14" stock wheels, since the 18" wheel in closer to teh ground with less tire sidewall. If you want, I can look up the law on ride height in your state. I have a list of all the states tint and ride height laws from about 2 years back (I don't imagine it's changed much).

Anyways, as for shaved handles. I'm not sure about britsh columbia. I have heard of it being illegel in some areas to have all the handles shaved, because "there is no way for "emergancy crews to open the door if needed," etc. Not sure of the validity of that claim, as I've never heard of anyone getting bothered for having shaved handles, and I know quiet a few who have them. But thats not to say it's legel or not. Sorry I can't be of more help on that issue. If I find anything out I'll post it.

Add your comment to this topic!