Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

03 cavalier stereo questions. I need some input

aarontycho
06-14-2005, 04:05 AM
Here's the deal, i wanted to replace some of the speakers in my 03 cavalier ls sport, but i wanted to keep the factory stereo/cd/tape player in it. I do have the top notch factory stereo system (XM radio, cd, tape, subs) and i was just trying to find out how much power the unit puts out to the speakers and if there was an amp that powers the subs that came in it. I also have not been able to find where the subs are located, if anyone could let me know any of the above information it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Aaron

Mod'd_Cav
06-14-2005, 09:24 AM
if your thinking about like a alpine 10 or 12 inch typical sub that every one puts in...your not gonna find it cuz there are none..when they say it comes with subs they mean the speakers that are in it like a component set that comes with 2 speakers and 2 tweeters..the speakers are considered subs cuz the tweeters handle the high end range...but maybe your lucky and youve got an 8 sittin in the trunk mounted inside the cloth stuff the lines the whole trunk

aarontycho
06-14-2005, 11:11 AM
I definately dont have a component setup, i have 5-1/4 in the doors, 6x9's in the back and supposedly a 8" sub but i dont know what power any of them are getting

Mod'd_Cav
06-14-2005, 02:58 PM
probably all from the deck

aarontycho
06-14-2005, 08:13 PM
probably but i dont know what the factory deck that i have puts out per channel

Thor06
06-15-2005, 12:03 AM
Not very much and sure not enough to drive an aftermarket sub. If you are thinking of putting new speakers I would recommend a 4ch amp or new head unit. Any aftermarket sub will need an aftermarket amp.

aarontycho
06-15-2005, 03:14 AM
I know it wouldnt be enough to power an aftermarket sub, i mainly wanted to know what the 6x9's and the 5-1/4 were getting so i can look for replacements, and i cant find that info anywhere.

Add your comment to this topic!