Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Wiring for 2002 cavalier speakers

oister44460
06-08-2005, 11:25 PM
Ok I got 2 questions if anyone can help me out.

First of all In 2002 cavaliers their is 2 negs and 2 positives. I tried hooking up aftermarket 6x9's in the back and after I hooked them up I turned the cd player up to 17 and they started to rattle real bad the speakers like they were blown real bad. But than I tried 2 other pairs of 6x9's and they did the same thing. I dont think I wired them right or something. Someone told me That i have to take one of the neg and postives off and tape them up. So i did still did the same thing. Than someone told me I had to do it with the front speakers to get it to work. Does anyone know why this is happening? What do i need to do to wire these.

Another thing is that I had my cd player playing outout the back speakers hooked up. Its a nice JVC one. Well one day I tried to turn it on and It turned on i mean the power worked and all but it wasnt delivering any sound to the speakers. I checked all fuses and stuff. But I dont know know why it would turn on and not work.

If anyone could help me out so I dont have to spend way tons of money paying someone to hook up my speakers and check out my stuff it would be nice. Thanks

ringsincorona
06-10-2005, 10:49 AM
Not too sure about the '02 wiring as I have an '00, and mine hooked up no problem, but...

You could just take the stock speakers out and run your own wiring from the new speakers to your HU. Which in the long run would be better because at the same time you can get higher quality wiring for higher quality sound, if thats what you're going for.

As for it not playing any sound, are you sure you had it hooked up right?
If for any reason you're not sure you can use an AA battery between the positive and negative of a speaker and you will hear static coming through that particular speaker.

Mod'd_Cav
06-10-2005, 11:38 AM
the no sound problem is something other then the deck cuz my stock deck is being replaced with an aftermarket cuz its doing the same thing...power..but no sound what so ever

Add your comment to this topic!