Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

FLamethrower

TheFordSupremacy
05-28-2005, 02:58 PM
How do i fabricate/build a flamwthrower kit for my exhaust?
I got a 91 f-150 with a 5.0 and a 5-speed, i think it would be fun.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

curtis73
05-28-2005, 06:22 PM
I always say to each their own, but it most states having a flamethrower exhaust is an actual Felony, much like possesion of an assault rifle since its considered a weapon. In some states it is a separate felony charge if you build it yourself. Kinda like underage possesion of alcohol is one charge, but if you have your own distillery in your basement its a bigger separate charge.

Nasty stuff that can only do damage in my opinion. What if a kid was riding their bike behind you and you didn't see? Toasty kid :)

mike@af
05-28-2005, 09:10 PM
Curtis does have a point. Flamethrowers are illegal in all 50 states I believe. Every kit that I have seen says "Illegal for on road, offroad and show use only".

TheSilentChamber
05-29-2005, 09:28 PM
Honestly its easyer and safer to buy one of the flamethrower kits.

gthompson97
06-09-2005, 01:20 AM
simple way is to install a sparkplug into your exhaust at the end and then hook the plug up to a switch so when you hit the switch, the plug has a spark and there should be enough gas fumes in your exhaust to make it "throw flames"

mike@af
06-09-2005, 08:57 AM
simple way is to install a sparkplug into your exhaust at the end and then hook the plug up to a switch so when you hit the switch, the plug has a spark and there should be enough gas fumes in your exhaust to make it "throw flames"

It doesnt quite work that way. Most flammable gases have disapated by then. The spark needs to be disabled in the engine to have gas flowing straight through. It works best for carburated cars.

CBFryman
06-10-2005, 09:28 AM
on top of the fact what voltage are you going to use? spark plugs need quite the puysh to make them spark...
some that i have seen used butane injection and a 2ndary coil.

TheSilentChamber
06-13-2005, 08:05 PM
Real men use kerosine.

dewmiester
08-12-2005, 05:59 AM
im stuffed tryin to figure out how to get a decent spark....can someone tell me how to hook up a second coil? i hav a '86 mazda 323 (carb). is it just a matter of grounding the coil, hooking it to the +12v, then using a propper 'coil to spark plug' lead? if so... it aint workin for me :(

TheSilentChamber
08-12-2005, 11:44 AM
No it doesnt quiet work that way. I cant remember exactly what you have to do, most people used to use old style coils and such from like model T's. Google it up and I'm sure you will find a world of information.

dewmiester
08-13-2005, 03:56 AM
cheers

rxwild
08-29-2005, 08:35 PM
use the starter from a gas grill...cheap and easy...pusha button and it sparks...for flames, use NOS injected into the pipe just ahead of the sparker...when driving if you open the valve then hit the sparker...you will get a 10ft BLUE flame...

mike@af
08-30-2005, 06:50 AM
Nawz man! Nitrous Oxide is an oxidizer and is only flammable in the presence of certain contents like kerosene, propane, and acetelyne for example.

Plus the grill plug is a little closer than I want to be for shooting flames.

crazi-85crx
08-30-2005, 11:44 AM
if you use an electric starter from a bbq they take 1 AA battery, then just make the wire between the button and the ignitor longer.

TheSilentChamber
08-30-2005, 12:16 PM
Most grill iggnitors are a Piezo (not sure on the spelling) iggnition ballest type thing and only make one spark, and the leads cant be extended too long or it wont spark.

crazi-85crx
08-30-2005, 08:03 PM
not the type i mean, trust me i used to build bbq's.

TheSilentChamber
08-31-2005, 03:51 AM
Ok, I'v installed all my trust in you. Impress me now.

squidgymop
02-03-2006, 03:11 AM
ok guys here it is ok (from a 16 yr old hot rodder that has more experiance than u think with cars) u have a coil get power to it make a switch in the dash somewhere, run the switch wire from the switch and back down to the coil but u need something to make it pulse and fast so a indicator relay wont work, unless u can hit the switch really really fast to make it spark over and over again realy quickly,the coil lead goes into the exhaust connected to a spark plug this works really well for carby cars but if u have a efi car then u best using some injectors (im from aus so i dnt know wat u guys wreck over there but im sure it will work) now u have ur little washer bottle filled with petrol that goes down into the injector placed just before your spark plug wire a toggle switch to your dash wherever to operate the washer bottle motor and your done

happy flaming

cheers damo

TheSilentChamber
02-03-2006, 04:40 AM
I wish I were cool enough to bring up old threads, not use punctuation, have horrid spelling, and offer nothing new to the subject.

CBFryman
02-03-2006, 04:37 PM
Dude, i used to be that cool. Remember? oh wait, i still am. lol

customandsound
02-16-2006, 09:31 AM
You use 2 plugs 2 accel coils turn the motor on rev it shut off quick hit the switch start motor and nail the pedal in turn shooting raw fuel out the back end.. result 12' flames

TheSilentChamber
02-16-2006, 10:55 AM
Stop fucking responding to this damn thread!

customandsound
02-16-2006, 09:27 PM
Stop fucking responding to this damn thread!
then lock the dam thing ... i am going to be a dick and reply every day just cause you had to make a comment like that .... :grinyes: :grinyes: :grinyes:

mike@af
02-16-2006, 10:31 PM

Add your comment to this topic!