Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Ebay Halo's

dwilli03
05-15-2005, 07:30 PM
Hey i'm looking to buy some halo projectors for my 94 accord. I see them on ebay for a reasonably lower price than other sites ( around $170). I was just wondering anyone got experience with them? are they junk or what? anyone know any good ebay sellers for car parts?

therealrayman
05-15-2005, 11:24 PM
Some ebay sellers I trust for parts (whenever i do happen to buy):

procarparts.com

motorsporthouse

bigboybryant

Those haven't let me down, but, as always, check user opionons as well.

siege911
05-16-2005, 12:46 AM
I just recently purchased some halo's for my 98 civic, and they're being shipped now... I'll let you know how they look when I install them

Greenblurr93
05-16-2005, 06:10 PM
i had some ebay halos, looked good, fast shipping and lasted pretty long (about a year)

Silverbolt
05-31-2005, 03:14 AM
S.O.S. which translates to Same 'Ol Shyat :)

The ebay guys are all getting their stuff from the same place all the other dealers are. Its cheaper on Ebay because those ebay guys dont have to pay for overhead, or website hosting for their online stores. They pass their savings on the the ebay buyers. Also, when you buy from ebay, or anywhere else for that matter. Do a little research into the specific type of headlight it is... which manufacturer/brand name, and whats their reputation?

If you get Denji, dont run with your highbeams on all the time. Only use them when you HAVE to use them. Otherwise, they'll burn through the halo/angel eye's wiring and short them out.

eckoman_pdx
06-01-2005, 04:54 AM
S.O.S. which translates to Same 'Ol Shyat :)

The ebay guys are all getting their stuff from the same place all the other dealers are. Its cheaper on Ebay because those ebay guys dont have to pay for overhead, or website hosting for their online stores. They pass their savings on the the ebay buyers. Also, when you buy from ebay, or anywhere else for that matter. Do a little research into the specific type of headlight it is... which manufacturer/brand name, and whats their reputation?

If you get Denji, dont run with your highbeams on all the time. Only use them when you HAVE to use them. Otherwise, they'll burn through the halo/angel eye's wiring and short them out.

I think thats the case with most Halo's. I know Sonar and their many offshoot names (Gen 3 is an example of a Sonar brand, among others) does this too, fairly quick. Also, I've noitced that when people have someone install their halos, the installer use a tap to tap into the parking light wiring to power them versus cutting and splicing them in, then crimping the connection with crimpers, whihc is more soild. I have seem this type of install result in dead halos more than once after awhile, becuase the taps just, wel, arn't very solid. More than once I've had to fix halo wiring does that way.

I can varify using the high beams like they are ment to be used, only when you NEED THEM, will help overt any issues which may or may not have arised otherwise. I've had my Denji's for around 4 years now, and they work fine...the low beams, high beams, and Angel Eyes (I still perfer to call eHalos buy the older "Angel Eye" name, LOL). Now my first set of angel eye projectors wans't Denji, and that was a different story.

I had a pair of Halos before this pair, when they first came out ages ago. Innotive Performance was the brand, called the halos "Eagle Eyes." At any rate, I used the high beams for awhile the first day, maybe a half hour total...the low beams fried within the first 12 hours..never worked again. Something shorted out on the inside, crappy wiring. Wiring has gotten better with halo's snce the first pair where made. They still can have issues, but the wiring is better than it used to be.

At any rate, I can varify that using the High beams

moedizy
06-18-2005, 11:33 AM
i have a probelm wit my projector lights just happened yesterday, when i turn on my low beams my high beam bulbs come on but very dimm.....my halos work fine but the problem is that i am only getting light from the drivers side low beam because the passanger side low beam and high beam are both dimmed., HAS N E ONE ever heard of this happening. Its crazy and IM stuck don't know what to do??? NEED HELP?

Add your comment to this topic!