Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

springs?

poor$teen
01-04-2005, 04:37 PM
The back end of my car is "sagging." It is the springs which "hold" the car up, correct?

Rear sagging = new springs?

or is there something else it could be?

thanks!

jayson716
01-04-2005, 04:45 PM
I would replace both springs and shocks. that should take care of that. and while your at it you might want to do the whole car.

Classicrocjunkie
01-04-2005, 09:23 PM
If your into the modding sceen, this is a great time to upgrade. But be careful while choosing spring and strut combinations. Anything over 1.5" is considered agressive. The best position for a car is when the A-arm is level with the ground. Approx. 1.5 inches on a cavalier.. To get an idea of springs look into the sticky on how to lower your car the right way.. and stay away from E-bay and dropzone springs.

noshun
01-04-2005, 11:25 PM
The springs do 'hold up' or 'suspend' the car and the shox also known as 'dampers' do exactly that. they 'damp' the movement of the spring. Without them, the car would just baunce all over and keep going, this happens when the shox are shot also. What you put on there depands on what you are looking for. You can go height adjustable, damping adjustable (bump (bound) and rebound), cambder adjustable (this can be done by pillow ball mounts (I believe only one company makes these for cavs) or you can just go lowerd on uprated shox. If you do lwer it then get the shox as lowered springs or nearly always uprated meing that they are harder and as a result the 'damping' needs to also be increased as an underdamped car isn't much better than an undamped car.

Classicrocjunkie
01-04-2005, 11:30 PM
Wow.. Noshun were you drunk while posting that? Thats the most errors i've seen in one of your posts. Good info once again. Why not write a book and publish the next Haynes manual or Chiltons..lol

noshun
01-04-2005, 11:31 PM
Wow.. Noshun were you drunk while posting that? Thats the most errors i've seen in one of your posts. Good info once again. Why not write a book and publish the next Haynes manual or Chiltons..lol

Just frikkin tired, should be in bed but working nights tomorrow! SUCKS!!!
:banghead:

Sh*t you were right that's like retarded!!!!

Add your comment to this topic!