Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

motor mount help?

JDM00CivicEX
01-03-2005, 05:59 PM
i have a 93 cavalier 4 cyclinder 2.2L automatic, and i just bought all new motor mounts for the car, i was wondering if i could get any help or if u guys know of a link i can goto where it shows step by step removal/installation instructions....thanx

DevilDog83
01-03-2005, 08:20 PM
Go buy the manual. If you dont know what a mm loks like it wont help you any. But just for shits there are 3 or four bolts to each mount and they are covered in plastic almost like a shifter is on a manual car. remove the bolts then the mount itself and plop the new one in. But FYI Jack the engine up under the oil pan using a flat piece of wood for support and jack stand the car

Classicrocjunkie
01-03-2005, 08:40 PM
I only have instructions from 95-05.. lower should be 2 bolts.. just put a jack underneath the motor to support it when you take it out... the upper not too sure about. You need to remove the radiator resovoir and then just remove what you need to..

noshun
01-04-2005, 11:50 PM
Should be fun on a 93 unless it's mint. Wear safety glasses when you're underneath otherwise you'll got all kinds of sh*t in your eyes! Haynes or Chilton will lend a hand by way of workshop manual. After-all you can't take your pc out to your car!!!!

cochs
01-05-2005, 12:53 PM
go to http://www.teamforwardmotion.com/tfmtech/j-body/performance/index.php and there are instructions for both upper and lower... it is easy once you get started. be careful of crap falling in your eyes! good luck

Add your comment to this topic!