Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

heater core

Thepoet125
12-25-2004, 12:18 PM
I am getting a smell of antifreeze in the care and the windows are steaming up. I know it's the heater core. Could someone Please tell me how to get to the Heater core? I know inside the dash, but is there an easy way?

04_CaV!!
12-25-2004, 02:03 PM
IN a 97 cav like yours It' not to hard to do there are a few plactic peices to remove in the center concole behind the radio to get access to the core.
IN the meen time so your not constantaly adding coolant to the system you can hook the feed and return lines together IN the engine conpartment bi-passing the heater core. Only thing then is you will have NO heat till you fix the core. And being I live in PA also you will not be able to live with out the heater for very long now thats it december

Thepoet125
12-25-2004, 04:22 PM
IN a 97 cav like yours It' not to hard to do there are a few plactic peices to remove in the center concole behind the radio to get access to the core.
IN the meen time so your not constantaly adding coolant to the system you can hook the feed and return lines together IN the engine conpartment bi-passing the heater core. Only thing then is you will have NO heat till you fix the core. And being I live in PA also you will not be able to live with out the heater for very long now thats it december

Thank you,
I did figure out about the hoses and lack of heat.
are there step by step instructions on the removal process?
Being in to computers, I'm big into instructions.

thanks again

Add your comment to this topic!