Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I have a check gages light!!!!!!!!!

shimmy
10-24-2004, 09:12 AM
For some stupid reason...when I turn my car on after 2 mins. the check gages light goes on...do you know anything to be doing that...cause I did check the gages....is there different gages or what...91 cav.

KJRich
10-24-2004, 06:58 PM
Is the gas gauge really low or the temp gauge really high?

shimmy
10-24-2004, 09:46 PM
both

Classicrocjunkie
10-25-2004, 10:09 AM
Instead of a check fuel light... they use a check guage light... put some fuel in there..

venus
10-25-2004, 01:34 PM
Instead of a check fuel light... they use a check guage light... put some fuel in there..

DOH! :lol2:

BlazerLT
10-25-2004, 02:20 PM
lol!

Also, he is saying it is overheating also.

He needs to check out his cooling system.

shimmy
10-25-2004, 08:01 PM
well, how do you check your cooling system..and if thats the problem what do I do? ...not very wise as far as cars....well at least abuot this.

BlazerLT
10-25-2004, 10:54 PM
Have you even checked to see if the coolant was at the top of the rad and at the right level in the coolant bottle?

shimmy
10-26-2004, 07:38 AM
I can't find it.

Classicrocjunkie
10-26-2004, 08:30 AM
ha ha ha... this kid is crackin me up... stand in front of your car... open hood..look at left side of engine bay... notice an offwhite transparent container chillen out... its the only container over there so i hope you do... look at the markings on the container.... make sure its at the right mark...

a check guages light shouldn't be a reason for low coolant.. there is a light for add fluids.... i've gotten both of them before while on a steep hill...

shimmy
10-26-2004, 09:01 AM
well, I checked it and it is full...so whats the problem?

oh, i am not that great with cars...except for int. and ext.

BlazerLT
10-26-2004, 11:24 AM
Did you open the rad and see if it was full?

shimmy
10-26-2004, 03:32 PM
yes

Classicrocjunkie
10-26-2004, 09:08 PM
Well next step would be to have your coolant system flushed out and check out the pump for proper workin condition... u can do it yourself or take it to a shop, but with your knowledge take it to a dealership <--*Twitch* or an independent shop. Are you using the dex-cool or was it ever switched around to green shit?...

This just dawned on me... instead of waiting around trying to wait for us to diagnose your problem and help you out when your not going to even do the work yourself.. take it to a professional and let them fix it in one day. Just had to get that off my sholders.

BlazerLT
10-26-2004, 09:12 PM
Shimmy, have you ever mixed the green and the orange coolant in your car?

shimmy
10-26-2004, 09:18 PM
The poblem of taking my car to a "professional" is is that I am very paranoid about them screwing up something in my car so that they can make a little extra cash. I really would like to take it there but i'm to scared.

(I know i'm a idiot but hey I do have reasons)

And no I have never mixed the green and orange...and It's orange.

Classicrocjunkie
10-26-2004, 09:31 PM
Take it to a well know dealer... I have a 90 day warrentywhen i had my work done at the dealership so if somthing broke i would go back and bitch at them... If you know what is wrong, read up on it a little bit... that way if they try charging your 3hr's or labor to remove valve cover and replace the gasket you can tell them to go fuck themselves when its a 45-1hr job...i refused to pay for it and went right to the General manager overseeing the serive Dept manager... and told them they can go fuck themselves if they thought i was going to pay 390 bucks to have that done... tell them the steps you have to go through and name everything right... funny how i only had to pay 45 min or labor and 9 bucks for the gasket... also threating to call the BBB along with posting picketing signs in my backwindow wile car was waiting to be serviced..... just got to know the ways around things bro...

BlazerLT
10-26-2004, 09:32 PM
That is why you need to step up and do some research and learning about engines and their systems before you go to the mechanic before they have a chance to bullshit you.

BlazerLT
10-26-2004, 09:33 PM
Take it to a well know dealer... I have a 90 day warrentywhen i had my work done at the dealership so if somthing broke i would go back and bitch at them... If you know what is wrong, read up on it a little bit... that way if they try charging your 3hr's or labor to remove valve cover and replace the gasket you can tell them to go fuck themselves when its a 45-1hr job...i refused to pay for it and went right to the General manager overseeing the serive Dept manager... and told them they can go fuck themselves if they thought i was going to pay 390 bucks to have that done... tell them the steps you have to go through and name everything right... funny how i only had to pay 45 min or labor and 9 bucks for the gasket... also threating to call the BBB along with posting picketing signs in my backwindow wile car was waiting to be serviced..... just got to know the ways around things bro...

My mechanic gives me a 1 year/20,000km warranty on all labor done. He is not a dealership.

Classicrocjunkie
10-26-2004, 09:42 PM
That is why you need to step up and do some research and learning about engines and their systems before you go to the mechanic before they have a chance to bullshit you.

is this directed towards me or the kid with the problem?....

Classicrocjunkie
10-26-2004, 09:51 PM
If me then;

I bought the car 3yrs ago and it hasn't been back in 2yrs...i had the knowledge back then, just not the place to do the work nor tools, so that was really my only option, i was armed with knowledge, thats why i put them in their place and showed them they can't pull a fast one over me.... now i can't get people to leave me alone about fixen their damn problems, Once you have tools its like your god to some people... brakes seem to be the most problems i get.... i think i am fare for chargin 50 bucks to put new rotors, pads,lubing the sliders, drums and internal hardware and new shoes plus cost of parts... i tell people not to skimp out in that area on cheap brakes cause they will go in no time flat...

BlazerLT
10-26-2004, 09:59 PM
No, not you.

shimmy
10-27-2004, 05:10 PM
do you know any place where I can get a book on that?? j/w

Add your comment to this topic!