Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2004 Radio and Window tinting

S_chevy
10-23-2004, 08:57 AM
Hello Everyone,

I am a new to this message broad and had few questions. I just bought a 2004 Cavalier 2.2L Ecotec. I am not looking to do any engine mods right away but what I would like to do is one Change the Stock Radio out, does anyone know some where were I can find instruction for removing the stock radio and a website to order an installation kit for a stander size radio. Already did a basic such but could not find anything.

Second question what would be the best way to tint the windows? Use the tint paper or pay to have someone do it?

Thanks for the help

shimmy
10-24-2004, 09:20 AM
1. Take a look at your manual...if that doesnt help...look for some screws around the radio so you can take the mount off. I did that with my 91 cav. And installed an installation kit in it (autozone, best buy, wal*mart, ect.) um, i dont know how much this will help, but thats what I know.

2. It is better to get them done by a professional. But make sure you take off any old tinting if you have any. Cause they will charge you for taking it off...well at least thats what they did to my friends car.

hope i helped some

venus
10-24-2004, 10:13 AM
There are instructions for removing the dashboard which is required for taking out the radio. Just do a search for stereos on the board and you will find what you need.

Why are you changing the radio? Is it just a radio? Mine is a cd player in my 04 and I don't plan on changing it. You know, 04 and 05 years have HD (hi definition) Stereos in them which tell the name of the band/song as it's playing on the radio stations as well as pther HD features. HD sound quality is excellent, it's cd quality over the airwaves! GM is the first manufacturer to have HD stereos in their cars. My 04 cd player sounds just as good as the Kenwood I had in my previous Cavalier.

S_chevy
10-24-2004, 11:00 AM
DO the CD players play MP3? that is one reason for wanting to change it. I had no idea that This radio was HD but I do not think it will do me any good I live in germany right now and I do not think they have HD. Because I live overseas I also do a lot of shopping on line so if anyone knows good place to by online please let me know

Thanks to all

shimmy
10-24-2004, 11:02 AM
did you test it out to see if it plays mp3?

S_chevy
10-24-2004, 11:04 AM
no not yet just wondering if anyone knew?

shimmy
10-24-2004, 12:51 PM
lol, nope i do not know.

venus
10-24-2004, 01:18 PM
DO the CD players play MP3? that is one reason for wanting to change it. I had no idea that This radio was HD but I do not think it will do me any good I live in germany right now and I do not think they have HD. Because I live overseas I also do a lot of shopping on line so if anyone knows good place to by online please let me know

Thanks to all

If it is an MP3 CD Player, it will say MP3 right on the front of the radio. I saw plenty of Cavaliers the day I got mine that could play MP3s as well as ones that had XM Satelite as well built in.

S_chevy
10-25-2004, 10:59 PM
It is not an MP3 player

Add your comment to this topic!