Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tree Sap Removal

4ss4s1n
08-01-2004, 08:31 PM
I have these really hard tree sap parts on my cars rear bumper.Ive tried taking them out with turtle wax's tree sap remover,it did nothing for me.They're pretty dry already and they dont come out in a regular wash. :mad:

I've done some searches and everywhere I look,people say to use nail polish remover,so I gave it a shot on a small spot under the bumper,sadly it destroyed the paint,and now I have a big white spot under the bumper.

So,does anyone have any ideas to what I could use to remove this tree sap,that wont turn my paint white? :confused:

StealthModifier
08-02-2004, 12:29 AM
Yes, get clay magic, i forgot who makes it but it has this spray with this blue clay, it works great at removing paint overspray. the box says it removes tree sap as well, so it should work pretty good :)

Rod&Custom
08-04-2004, 04:10 PM
I've heard good things about Stoner's Tarminator. I have a bottle, but haven't had to use it... yet.

regbrusan
09-20-2004, 05:32 AM
I have used denatured alcohol for many years. I clean off each spot of sap individually than repolish that spot with Mother's paste cleaner wax.
Donot rub too hard. I have never had any damage to the paint using this method on my Dodge Ram or Miata

koeb$
09-20-2004, 11:55 PM
clay will remove real small sap spots, but use rubbing alcohol sparringly, n quckily rub off..

Genopsyde
10-03-2004, 02:32 AM
i had tree sap on my car, all i did was spray it will the water hose and it came right off.

Add your comment to this topic!