Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 2.2 Cavalier, Automatic...Upgrades!!

bh04
07-11-2004, 11:41 PM
I own a 2000 Cavalier 2.2 litre with an automatic. I am on a tight budget and want to add some HP for as little as possible. What mods could I do for cheap? What would be best? Also, where can I get some cheap 17" rims and tires for my ride. I have pretty much all stock besides a new cheap ebay muffler that I bought for like $20. It makes it sound better, and did notice a little bit more power also. But I am in need of some suggestions. What are the best spark plug/plug wires? I could use some new headers also. Where can I find some lower priced items? Thanks for anyone that helps me out.

chevyz24
07-17-2004, 08:34 AM
u have an automatic so it might be tough but theres hope. sell that muffler and buy a 2 1/2 inch cat back exhaust. then a highflow cat and a pacescetter header to finish the exhaust out, both r pretty cheap. plugs and wires arent really worth the money so save it. get a cold air intake and pulleys should help too. now that covers most the basic work, if u wanna go serious...cams,pistons,rods,supercharger,fuelinjec tors, pumps, ya know thats ur choice but i would start with the basics.

-Jayson-
07-17-2004, 10:56 AM
none of that stuff will do anything for you, ive seen people put upwards of 2,000 dollars into the 2.2L automatic and not get any faster. You better off buying a new car. Cause that one is just tooo slow

Add your comment to this topic!