Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

how much horsepower?

chevyz24
07-08-2004, 04:01 PM
i have a 02 Z 5speed wit exhaust intake header and highflow cat. i figure my hp is about 170 where would an inake manifold, throttle body, and fuel rail put me too? just curious im runnin it next week.

-Jayson-
07-09-2004, 12:38 AM
your HP is prolly more like 160HP, 145 WHP. Fuel rail will do nothing for you unless your boosted. The stock ones are more than enough for a proper air/fuel mixture. throttle body depends, if your getting a 62mm and not boosted, its gonna be to big and your gonna lose some torque but will gain more HP, so the car will pull worse from a stop, but better at the high end.

Youve prolly spent close to 2G's on your car, which is fine and all, but for that amount of money you could have bought the GM supercharger for the car. Would have given you 190 HP, about 175 WHP and then all those other mods you have put on would work so much better and be so much more worth it. The GM supercharger is extremly reliable, so much so that if you have GM install one, they will let you keep your cars warranty. Not to mention it would put your car into the high to mid 14's.

With the current mods you have, id say low 15's maybe high 14's.

Add your comment to this topic!