Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 won't go in gear

scottroly
06-11-2004, 12:52 PM
My 2000 cav has been acting up lately by surging while driving and sometimes stalling at stops which I understand can most likely be traced to the torque converter clutch solenoid sticking. Last week though the engine light came on and it will not move in gear ( rev or drive ) . Starts fine and doesn't stall , just doesn't go anywhere. I thought if the tcc solenoid was sticking it would stall if put in gear. First shop I towed it to said the code was for a stuck tcc and transmission would need rebuilt.I then towed it to a chevy dealership and am waiting for them to call..

89IROC&RS
06-11-2004, 10:37 PM
well if its not shifting that may be a BTSI solenoid problem, i posted in another thread, but there is also a campaign on the cav ignition system, due to ignition lock cylenders overheating, and causing a fire hazard, if some part of your ignition was damaged by heat, it may be causing a malfunction in the BTSI system. not sure of course, but its a possiblity.

scottroly
06-12-2004, 02:11 AM
Thanks for the reply. I wish it would stall when put in drive , that would lead me to believe it would be just a solenoid problem. I talked to Gm customer service about helping me out if it was a transmission rebuild and he did mention the recall. Curious to see if they do help out since it is out of warranty. It only has 46,000 miles on it.Anyone have any luck getting a break on repairs doing that ?

Add your comment to this topic!