Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

cavalier rs chopped top

Swansen
06-02-2004, 10:21 AM
i have a 93 4-door cavalier and i want to buy a car, because i don't really want mine anymore, but i can't really find anything i want. So i've always like the way my car looked (except for the really long nose) Also the windows are to tall for my liking and i was wondering if anyone has ever chopped a cavalier before. also any websites for bodykits or anyhting sweet sombodies done to a calavier.

KustmAce
06-02-2004, 01:27 PM
Interesting project, you should Photoshop one and see what it would look like.

As for other modified Cavys, try www.jbody.org

Three_Fingers
06-05-2004, 08:15 AM
I cut the top completely off one once.
To chop it-you'd need to cut an "X" across the top before cutting the pillars.
Each pillar should be in the part between the cuts so that when you cut the pillars, you can suspend the top parts from a garage ceiling and slowly spread them apart-keeping the geometry correct- After ya cut out however many inches ya want from the pillars-the parts will spread apart and drop-keeping the pillars lined up.

Once ya got it where ya want it-ya weld the pillars back together and fill the parts of the "X" with new metal (from the inside) and fill the seams on the outside. Then all that's left is cutting/shaping the interior parts and glass to fit the new sized top. (The moveable glass, such as in the doors doesn't need to be cut as they just won't need to roll all the way up anymore).

(This is a simplified explanation-but ya get the idea).

Add your comment to this topic!