Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

idle/air conditioning

jmack17m
05-27-2004, 08:36 AM
I have a 2002 cavi and the i can't use the air conditioning. When i turn the fan on heat or air conditioning, there is a continuous clicking on and off. this affects my idle; when it clicks on the idle goes way down and after about 3 seconds it clicks off and the rpms go back to normal. it does the same thing when i am driving only when it clicks on, there is a hesitation and power loss. when it clicks back off, again, the rpms are normal. it does this continuously until i shut the air off

It does not do this when just the cool air vent is on. just the heat and air conditioning.

-Jayson-
05-27-2004, 10:36 AM
the heat too? it sounds like a AC unit is short cycling, meaning your R134A has all leaked out. The ac attempts to build pressure but it cant so it turns off, then it tries again. I have no idea why its doing it with the heat.

jmack17m
05-27-2004, 12:06 PM
the air conditioner blows cold air when it clicks on, but not when it clicks off. the heater blows hot air all of the time but still clicks on and off and causes the power loss and hesitation. the dealer couldn't figure it out, so i'm pretty much screwed, huh??? :mad:

algoesfast
05-27-2004, 04:03 PM
The heat is tied in with the compressor as well as the ac. Has to do with humidity. Besides that I have nothing to add.

Add your comment to this topic!