Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

History Channel Show on Muscle Cars

HistoryMC
02-24-2004, 07:25 PM
Hi -

I joined to locate Los Angeles area muscle cars to use in a History Channel TV show I'm working on.

A new History Channel television series on muscle cars is seeking mint condition muscle cars to feature on the show. We're looking for owners of muscle cars in great condition from the 50s, 60s, and 70s from the big three American auto makers who will let us borrow their cars for our shoot.

This would involve borrowing the car for one day: Thursday, March 11th for a shoot in the LA area. The cars will not be driven: we will just park them and film some "beauty shots" of them. Unfortunately we don't have money in our budget to pay you for borrowing the car for the day but we would provide you with a tape of the finished show and of course you'd have the prestige of seeing your beautiful car featured on the History Channel as an example of a perfect-condition muscle car!

The cars we're seeking are listed below. Again, they should look absolutely great and be in near-perfect condition:

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 or SS (1967-72)
Pontiac Firebird (ideally with 400 cid engine, 1967-72)
Pontiac GTO (1964-73)
Chevrolet Chevelle SS (1962-73)
Chevrolet Impala SS (1962-73)
Chevy Bel Air (1955-57)
Oldsmobile 442 (1968-70)
Dodge Dart (ideally with 383 or 440 engines, GT 1955-73)
Plymouth Demon/Duster (ideally with 340 engine - 1955-73)
Plymouth Road Runner (ideally 440 engine 1955-73)
Dodge Charger (ideally R/T version 1955-73)
Plymouth Barracuda (1955-73)
Ford Fairlane (1960s or early 70s model)
Ford Torrino GT (1960s or early 70s model)
Mercury Cyclone (1960s or early 70s model)

If you own one of these cars (or another muscle car in great condition) and are interested in participating please email me at historymusclecars.com@yahoo.com - include a pic of your car if possible - so I can get in touch with you and tell you more about the show. Thanks!

kratefan
02-24-2004, 11:28 PM
It's interesting that they left out the 9th quickest muscle car of all time according to Musclecarclub.com.

http://www.musclecarclub.com/musclecars/general/musclecars-50fast.shtml

Jeff

DGB454
02-25-2004, 08:32 AM
I don't mean to offend HistoryMC but for some reason this sounds fishy. You want to borrow all these high dollar muscle cars for a day? Maybe it's just my suspicious nature. Are you letting the owners stay with their cars or at least within sight of them? If that's the case then I think it would be cool to see my Chevelle on the History channel. I don't live in Cali. though.

HistoryMC
02-25-2004, 11:40 AM
Good question - of course the owners can stick around the set and make sure their cars are handled well - we know it's asking a lot to leave your baby in stranger's hands! Since we're asking for such a big favor we are definitely willing to work with the owners to make sure they're comfortable.

Thanks to those who've written to me at historymusclecars@yahoo.com about your cars - I'm looking forward to hearing from more of you!

Add your comment to this topic!