Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Still can hear the Vtec,no power lose.but not as lord as be4...

DarkKid**EG6
01-01-2004, 01:40 PM
Still can hear the Vtec,no power lose.but not as loud as be4...not sure what 's wrong .... thx for reply ~

Merilious
01-01-2004, 01:51 PM
I dont understand your post. You can or cant hear VTec?

MastaCivic
01-01-2004, 02:52 PM
I think what he's meaning is that his Vtec is still engaging, but for some reason the engine noise isn't as loud as it used to be before "something?" happend. But he hasn't had a loss in power. I dunno why exactly the noise level would be down unless your just have your radio on when your trying to listen or you magically had some of that "sound be gone"(sorry i can't think of the name of it right now) padding put into your dash or engine bay.

bizee_1
01-02-2004, 03:26 AM
MastaCivic: sound deadening ? is that what you mean ?
As for the vtec on, but not as loud as b4.

I get that as well. Sometimes it is noticeable aurally, when vtec engages, other times it engages sooo smoothly(aurally), like "as if" it was a non-vtec engine.

Unlike my mates, where you constantly hear the vtec "pop" the wilder set of cams.

But my car has gone through a few different changes in 2 months. let alone i haven't been driving it for too long. So i don't know exactly when i noticed the noise difference.

Nevertheless, car is still running fine. so far....

Ricochet
01-02-2004, 12:23 PM
Why don't you type in legible friggin English so we can reply to you.

MastaCivic
01-04-2004, 02:44 AM
Yes Bizee I meant sound "deadening" padding. What I was talking about was stuff like Dynamat, I just couldn't think of the name of it.

Anyway, yeah your there's probably no problem as long as your engine is running fine and nothing is leaking. My engine(D16y8) has a tendency to sound louder or quiter at different times. Of course that's probably just my bad hearing but still...

Also new performance parts such as an intake,exhaust, pretty much any cam change, etc. can change the sounds of your engine.

Smokn91HB
01-05-2004, 10:00 PM
If you can still feel the same amount of power, but noise is quieter..... who cares

Smokn91HB
01-05-2004, 10:00 PM
If you can still feel the same amount of power, but noise is quieter..... who cares

Add your comment to this topic!