Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Catalytic converter on '94 Cavalier

mikeyc514
06-26-2003, 07:30 AM
I am hearing grinding/vibrations that seem to be coming from the catalytic converter every time I accelerate or decelerate, high speed or low speed. The noise just about dies out when I come to a stop and it disappears completely when I shift into park. Put the car back in gear and the vibrations start up again, although quiet. PCV valve and air filter are both new; I first noticed this problem a couple of days ago, after several straight days of rain, not sure if that is related or not. Any thoughts would be of help. Thanks.

truema666ot
08-31-2003, 09:57 PM
this post could be to late but it might be somethign inside there brokin off off and flying around why your hiting the gas or theres exhaust coming out i would suggets going to a shop of someone you know and get it hollowed out if you light speed it will add horsepower and give you and intimidating sound fomr the muffler

sweetwhiteCAV
09-01-2003, 12:27 AM
Why answer a post thats two months old with a sstupid f*cking answer like that?!

truema666ot
09-01-2003, 10:10 AM
dude get off my nuts and leave me the fuck alone just because you got a damn ugly ass cavi dont get pissed at me

fastz4u
09-18-2003, 02:41 PM
Hey truema666ot just think of it this way sweetwhiteCAV looked at the post so it's quite clear that he was going to reply to it to.....What an idiot.

clubcav_com
09-19-2003, 12:14 PM
mikey its your resonator i had the EXACT same problem you need to get it fixed just take it to carx or something itll run you a few hundred bucks

www.ClubCav.com
Cavalier forums and photo albums
www.ClubCav.com

Add your comment to this topic!