Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Advice for silencing a noisy hood + muffler

Androo_C
10-12-2012, 08:09 PM
Hello everyone,

So I recently installed a cat back exhaust on my 97 honda accord. Everything fit quite nicely except there is one place where part of the pipe rubs up against the side. There is now a rattle that I hear every time I accelerate. I was looking into maybe using header/exhaust tape to help quiet the rattle and of course to help protect the pipe.

Also, my hood rattles pretty bad too. I found a product called self adhesive butyl rubber tape and figured I could line it with this tape where parts of the hood rests against metal.

Are there any other alternatives/products to help make this car a little quieter? Any advice is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

oldblu65
10-12-2012, 08:28 PM
Hello everyone,

So I recently installed a cat back exhaust on my 97 honda accord. Everything fit quite nicely except there is one place where part of the pipe rubs up against the side. There is now a rattle that I hear every time I accelerate. I was looking into maybe using header/exhaust tape to help quiet the rattle and of course to help protect the pipe.

Also, my hood rattles pretty bad too. I found a product called self adhesive butyl rubber tape and figured I could line it with this tape where parts of the hood rests against metal.

Are there any other alternatives/products to help make this car a little quieter? Any advice is appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Perhaps the exhaust system needs additional adjustment in the area of the rattle ? Is your hood rattling because the original equipment rubber stops are worn , out of adjustment , or missing altogether ?

Add your comment to this topic!