Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1999 Rodeo Wont Start Previously Drove Through a Puddle

azautohelp
01-23-2004, 04:03 PM
Car Wont Start

Car make: Isuzu
Model: Rodeo
Year:1999
Situation: This car has been driving fine in the past. I drove through a puddle pretty fast on a right turn and the water went up pretty high. I pulled into my driveway and stopped the car. When I went back outside about a minute later to leave I tried to start the car, as I turned the key nothing happened at all..no sound or anything. The whole car is dead, meaning, the automatic locks and windows aren't working...etc.

What I've tried: I tried to jump the car, but to no avail.

Question: Why wont my car start? Do you think this problem is due to the water I drove through (I drove through that same puddle a couple times today because it is near my house)? What should I do, short of taking it to "the shop"

[SIZE=4]Thank you for reading this thread..it's my first time, I hope I included everything I needed to.

amigo-2k
01-23-2004, 04:10 PM
If everything is completly dead I would check the conections to the battery (and the ground to the frame). Check to see if the Battery has any power. Replace the ECU relay under the hood (or maybe it is a fuse?).

I think those are the first steps.

I don't think it can be anything major since it seems like it stopped like when out like you fliped a light switch. Has to do be related to the battery.
-Ryan

azautohelp
01-24-2004, 11:13 AM
The problem was with the battery!! One of the connections to it was totally corroded away..so we replaced that and it was as good as new. You were right on amigo2-k (Ryan). Thanks!!

amigo-2k
01-24-2004, 12:20 PM
good to hear the rodeo ie back on the road!

Add your comment to this topic!