Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What needs to be done to an H22a internally to make it boost safely?

preludeguy017
03-23-2010, 08:46 PM
Hey there, so I just bought a 1992 Honda Prelude SiR and it has an h22a VTEC swap. I've looked around and couldn't find anything stating specifically what I need to make the h22a boost safely. I'm lookin' to make it a street racer. I don't need anything major for track use. But I would like to turbo charge it. I was originally going to supercharge it but as far as I've researched, you can't do it with this model prelude. So to sum it up, what do I need to do to the h22a internally to make it safe for a turbocharger? Any information ya'll have would be fantastic. Any additional information like what brand turbocharger and such would be much appreciated as well. I am a 17 year old guy, so I do know some of the automotive terminology, but not all. So try not to confuse me too much, =) Thanks guys!

robertwilliam03
06-02-2010, 01:28 AM
It takes time to get the parts built (http://www.autopartspoint.com/)and it is also very difficult to determine some of those costs until the product is made. What year J32 do you have? Most likely we will have to re-grind the crank to get a set of rods to work for you...then get the pistons built custom to fit the stroke/rod combo...we are in the middle of doing that to some V6 Mazda engine.

Add your comment to this topic!