Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Garage space needed

jimgbgt
08-10-2009, 04:39 AM
Hello All,

I have recently had to admit defeat with my '81 mgb gt and face facts that she is not as reliable as I need for everyday. So far we have been threw an engine change, overdrive change, a selection of wiring and electrical problems and a wheel falling off on the motorway, plus many more character building moments and now am looking at blown piston rings again. Despite all this, as i'm sure you can imagine, i am very reluctant to get rid of her. I would love to be able to put some real time into working on all her flaws and am also looking into making a track car for fun.

However, I live in Hackney East london and space is a problem as I have on street parking and not sure the other residents would appreciate me turning the curb side into my workshop. So I am posting here to ask if anyone knows of any garage space/workshop/corner of a car park/back of a chicken shed where I could strip and rebuild her, otherwise I fear it maybe that I have to sell as a whole or as parts, which would be a very sad day as I have been reduced to driving a volvo day to day!

If anyone could point me in the direction of an intensive care ward for rusty obsessions then it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Jamie

Add your comment to this topic!