Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

mgb will not start

mikef703
06-18-2009, 10:09 AM
I have a 1967 mgb. Last year I took it out for a ride and it started to miss and back fire it died and I was towed home. Since that I have been trying to get it started. I have replaced the following parts (new battery, points, condenser, rotor, cap, distributor ground wire, terminal wire, coil, spark plug wires, spark plugs, fuel pump, needle & seat in both carbs) Things I have checked 145 lbs compression, firing order, timing, ohm test on coil 3.0 ohms, ignition test with test light flashing on & off. plugs getting wet with gas so I know its not a fuel problem.
I used starting fluid it still does not fire. I checked to see if the plugs are sparking they are but it is very very small spark tried a different coil and different condenser, plugs and wires no change.

Help What am I missing
Mikef703

Flash75
06-19-2009, 07:16 PM
I would try another rotor. Sometimes new rotors are bad.

Clifton

mikef703
06-25-2009, 07:51 PM
Thank you so very much. I had to order a new rotor for moss motors I just got it today I put the new rotor in and for the first time that i could remember it started without using starting fluid. I got the premium rotor with the rotor came paper work saying how standard rotors have a high carbon content which causes arcing and the rivit that they use cause's arcing. I glad that I found this website and guys like you that help others thanks again Mike.

Add your comment to this topic!