Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Honda civic motor swap

TravKY1
03-22-2009, 11:22 PM
Putting a H23 prelude motor in 97 honda civic coupe still need to get shifter linkage and cv axels where can i find these things is it a special part or is there a car i can just pull them off of and bolt up????????:runaround:

CivicSpoon
03-23-2009, 11:18 AM
You can get the shifter cables from the same kind of car you got the shifter box assembly from. If you got it from an Accord then get it from an Accord, if you got it from a Prelude then get it from a Prelude. As for axles, they are special and you're not going to find them on any car. You can either get aftermarket ones, or you'll have to put together your own. The instructions from the mount kit that you have should have come with info on all of this. What mount kit are you using?

TravKY1
03-23-2009, 05:14 PM
You can get the shifter cables from the same kind of car you got the shifter box assembly from. If you got it from an Accord then get it from an Accord, if you got it from a Prelude then get it from a Prelude. As for axles, they are special and you're not going to find them on any car. You can either get aftermarket ones, or you'll have to put together your own. The instructions from the mount kit that you have should have come with info on all of this. What mount kit are you using?
Thanks man i,ll be up and runin in no time i,ll make my own cv axels and get a shifter linkage,cabels, off of a prelude

Add your comment to this topic!