Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

b series headers

BIGTEX84
02-17-2009, 03:22 AM
havin some issues getting a header for a decent price, my question is will all b series headers fit all b series heads? i.e. b18 header on a b16a1, or a b16a3 header on a b16a1? might be a retarded question but i need to know for sure b 4 i order, strapped for cash as it is not much room for error.

BIGTEX84
02-17-2009, 02:00 PM
need info please

CivicSpoon
02-17-2009, 04:58 PM
Yup, all B-series header flanges are the same (except for the bastard child old Prelude B20 & B21 engines). I believe the only difference is the height and length of the piping. Where the headers for the B18's are taller because of the blocks being taller than the B16A blocks. And then the length being different, from where it curves to go under the engine to where it meets the cat. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about the height or length thing.

big tex84
03-07-2009, 06:09 PM
another question, I only have one bung hole (hehehe I said bung hole) in the header, I understand that each o2 sensor reads 2 cylinders ie. 1+4/2+3, If I run one o2 from the bung hole (lol I said it again) in the cat, and one in the header is it gonna bog and run like ass? am I gonna just have to do it right and put another hole in the header? also since I am on the subject, will any one wire o2 sensor work or does it have to be specific? because the o2 sensors for the 89 teg are like $30 brand new, what o2 sensor is appropriate for this application?

ProShift
07-28-2009, 04:43 PM
you want to get headers for you specific engine I would not mix the non-vtec headers w/ vtech they dont accommodate for the high RPM and I believe that they are more generated towards producing torque.

about your 2 o2 sensors just get a bung welded just before where your a pipe meets your cat and leave the one up top.... never convert to just one o2 by splicing the wires that make your car run real funny for some reason

Civiceg
07-30-2009, 11:46 AM
try www.JSHMotors.com (http://www.JSHMotors.com) they have a b16a obd1 RS*R header for sale, really good price too. They'll be sure to answer all your question.

Add your comment to this topic!