Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Excursion Discontinued

Pages : [1] 2

tharam04
03-19-2003, 06:04 AM
I heard that for was suppose to discontinue the Excursion because of the low number of sales. Is this true?

450HPviper
03-19-2003, 07:10 AM
I don't know, but I hope they don't.:cry:

Misundaztood
03-24-2003, 03:12 PM
Yes...it's already happened. :(

450HPviper
04-02-2003, 08:09 AM
DAM:(

Scott 02
04-25-2003, 09:41 PM
Thats fords falt kind of. Why would someone get and Excursion? They are way too big. You can buy a Full Size F350 for the price of one of those.

450HPviper
04-28-2003, 10:54 AM
Thats fords falt kind of. Why would someone get and Excursion? They are way too big. You can buy a Full Size F350 for the price of one of those.

They are a little too much.

kaoru-tochiro
04-28-2003, 11:03 AM
My prayers have been answered, :D

90gs
09-06-2003, 11:11 PM
who wants a car twice the size of an already large SUV (ford explorer) that gets like 10 miles to the gallon

sideshowrich
09-06-2003, 11:15 PM
I floored it in one once, I think I saw the gas needle move...

casady-football
10-01-2003, 10:41 AM
I do. I have 2 excursions and had 3 at a time. Sport eddi baur and limited. We got the limited and sport now. It rocks, Yeah mileage is an ouch, But Hey Im only 14tn I dont need to pay for it. Excursions rock the house an suv world. And you can do alot to them but dont really need to. By the way where can I find a super charger for them

BigRed_03
10-10-2003, 07:37 PM
DAM:(
yeah, that means no other suvs that accually sort-of put up a challenge! (maby I should find a lexus, or porche or SOMETHING to race!) I have tried to race a Cheyenne turbo b4, i just bearly lost ;-(
(Think happy thoughts: a feild of suburbans and hot chicks!!! ;-) ) If you are going to reply to me so i can see it, come to the good forums, the "Suburban" forums!

RedLightning
11-03-2003, 09:46 PM
yes they are not making them anymore and they are the bestever...we have a diesel and slam the "gas" and a cloud uv smoke will pop up...awsome! course 0-60 is in 5...minutes lol

dpetdog99
11-11-2003, 02:37 PM
yes they are not making them anymore and they are the bestever...we have a diesel and slam the "gas" and a cloud uv smoke will pop up...awsome! course 0-60 is in 5...minutes lol

Not so fast everyone!!! According to a Detroit News article, the Excursion may be around until 2006,:smokin: then Ford will introduce their stretched Expedition. :screwy: I'd rather have an Excursion than an Expedition.

If you want better performance out of your Powerstroke, there are many companies that make computer chips and programmers for it. You can have 100+ HP, 250+ ft/lbs TQ gains with basically a plug and play module.:iceslolan This doesn't come cheap though, but it is cheaper than for gas burners.:loser: With this increase comes hotter exhaust temperatures too, so you will need a pyrometer to see how hot your exhaust is so you don't cook your turbo. Add a boost gauge and a real tranny temp gauge (not the crappy idiot light gauge Ford uses, C is for cold trans, normal is for you're OK, and H, or anything above where it normally runs, means you're pretty much screwed, change your fluid NOW), and you will have a strong truck that will surprise many, many people who want to race you (not that I advocate that sort of thing). :naughty:

kyky
01-02-2004, 12:58 PM
I say thank god they cancelled that enormous example of american excess. Its those stupid bitch soccer moms that are destroying the ozone layer. The excursion and all other suv's are for insecure people that feel some sort of "dominance" over other people by having a bigger taller vehicle. and besides, do you really think the excursion can go off road? doubt it. plus i doubt any of the owners take them off road. I wish all suv's would get discontinued. but that will never happen. because in america it doesnt matter if the environment is destroyed if their is money to be made.

RedLightning
01-02-2004, 05:14 PM
I say thank god they cancelled that enormous example of american excess. Its those stupid bitch soccer moms that are destroying the ozone layer. The excursion and all other suv's are for insecure people that feel some sort of "dominance" over other people by having a bigger taller vehicle. and besides, do you really think the excursion can go off road? doubt it. plus i doubt any of the owners take them off road. I wish all suv's would get discontinued. but that will never happen. because in america it doesnt matter if the environment is destroyed if their is money to be made.

another idiot trying to start a fight, hey idiot maybe its just a fluke but my(dad's) ex has a 'low emissions' sticker on it! :flipa: you are the 'stupid bitch' who never does any research.

kyky
01-03-2004, 01:22 AM
most excursions arent diesel smart guy

kyky
01-04-2004, 12:22 AM
not all excursions are diesels smart guy. plus stickers dont prove anything.

RedLightning
01-05-2004, 01:53 PM

smart guy, u already said this. not every one is an asshole who does not know when to shut up but you are. oh and 'stickers dont mean any thing' great come back. guess u dont believe hondas are low emmisions also? cause u know that stickers dont mean any thing!

dhph
01-25-2004, 09:28 PM
most excursions arent diesel smart guy

From the Ford web site: "...more than 50% of Excursions are diesels..." So I guess most Excursions ARE diesels.

FYI, the 6.0L PSD averages 17-20 mpg on the highway, and around 15 in the city. Much better than the gasoline engines.

Cheers!

anarkist61
01-28-2004, 04:30 AM
who wants a car twice the size of an already large SUV (ford explorer) that gets like 10 miles to the gallon

On the other hand I thought when the Excursion came out "it's about time" as the Explorer is just a car. It's too small, slow and is lucky if it could get down a gravel road. PLUS the Excursion (in the case of a diesel) gets better fuel mileage. 18-23 MPG highway. ESPECIALLY if modified. I just wouldn't have any use for an Explorer. I have 3 kids and once the sound system were in if I had an Explorer there'd be no room left.

The Explorer represents all that is WRONG about the SUV market, along with garbage like the MDX, CRV, etc. If I was in the market for one of these, I'd buy a car. Just my 2 cents. :2cents: :icon16:

anarkist61
01-28-2004, 04:37 AM

I don't get it, if you HATE Excursions so much, why are you on this thread? He's right, you're just trying to start trouble. Why bother? Personally, I have no interest in small vehicles, and don't intend to drive a tin box that'll get my children DEAD!!! Too many people around here runnung red lights for that!! :grinno:

dpetdog99
01-28-2004, 08:03 AM
I don't get it, if you HATE Excursions so much, why are you on this thread? He's right, you're just trying to start trouble. Why bother? Personally, I have no interest in small vehicles, and don't intend to drive a tin box that'll get my children DEAD!!! Too many people around here runnung red lights for that!! :grinno:

I agree. I guess that some people have a problem with what others drive. Listen, those other people can spend their money any way they see fit. If they want to buy an Excursion, so be it. If they want to buy an Outback, so be it. Perhaps it's a case of envy. The guy can't afford one, and he needs to make people who own them angry, or guilty for having the means to get one. I can't afford one, but I sure as hell ain't going to piss people off because of that. I'm going to bust my butt working to be able to afford one.

Someone posted before that the Explorer is already a large SUV. I disagree. Hell, my LHS is bigger. It doesn't weigh quite as much, it's fairly close though, or sit as high, but it's a bit longer, wider, and has a longer wheelbase. My LHS has a total length of a little over 207 inches, the Explorer is a little over 188 inches (2nd gen.). I got a foot and a half on it. The new Explorer a little bigger, but my LHS is still bigger.

I don't hear people bitching about the size of my car, that it's too big and it's a nuisance. If I hit one of these idiot's Geo's with my LHS, they're going to hurt just as bad as if I hit them with an Explorer.

Personally I believe that the Excursion is a fine vehicle. It does what it was meant to do very well, hold lots of people and tow lots of stuff. The same can be said for the Suburban, but people don't bitch about it because it's not as big. Try towing a 34' Airstream with an Explorer, that isn't going to happen. Not safely anyway.

To everyone who doesn't bitch about others choices for a vehicle, Have a good one!

To the others who do, get a life!!

BMW_4.4i
01-31-2004, 08:25 PM
I floored it in one once, I think I saw the gas needle move...
:grinno: :lol2: :lol: :iceslolan

martman
02-01-2004, 08:05 PM
:grinno: :lol2: :lol: :iceslolan
The expedition is a great unit if you need a truck that size, they can pull the empire state building, and take lots of people with them. And to the other idiot, my soccer b**** wife with uses a dodge caravan. I am new to this web forum, but I see a lot of direspect here, if you have a opinion, state it in a nice way.I do not disrespect people who drive honda's. they are a very good car. So don't criticise us who have large trucks, I use mine alot. Try hauling a yard of dirt home in your lowered civic!!! I live in Saskatchewan Canada. Most excursions I see here are used by farms, busness owners and goverment. And 90 percent of them are diesels. Gas is $3.50-$4.00 per gallon here so, many F250 and larger type trucks are diesel power. Low emissions stickers do not state how much fuel a car/truck uses, it only tells that it is putting less polution in the air from it's emissions. it is burning it fuel more efficently. A 2004 diesel excursion may emit less emissions into the air than a 1992 honda accord.
Chev suburban up here does not come with a diesel option, so the ford is the only large diesel power SUV on the market. Ford is making some smaller versions of the powestroke enigine for smaller trucks.

BMW_4.4i
02-02-2004, 09:35 AM
Hey dude! I was laughing at what dpetdog99 said, not at the Excursion. I would most likely agree with you if gas was that expensive here on the east coast.

BTW - Not all of us drive lowered Civics. I'm seeing some disrespect there. I have never really had to tow anything - except some dirt with my Land Cruiser. If you have to tow more and carry people with the cargo room, then by all means, go for the Expedition. No disrespect intended.

martman
02-02-2004, 08:46 PM
Hey dude! I was laughing at what dpetdog99 said, not at the Excursion. I would most likely agree with you if gas was that expensive here on the east coast.

BTW - Not all of us drive lowered Civics. I'm seeing some disrespect there. I have never really had to tow anything - except some dirt with my Land Cruiser. If you have to tow more and carry people with the cargo room, then by all means, go for the Expedition. No disrespect intended.

Hey,I have to appologise as I was replying to KYKY on the other page, I was not replying to you. Just my mistake, I feel very stupid, as this is the first time I have used this forum to chat. Please excuse me. Do you own all those units at one time? sound like alot of FUN. Bandit T/A very,very cool!! I was not disrespecting lowered civics,some of these little hot rods are awesome, just his attitude that all SUV's etc should be outlawed.

BMW_4.4i
02-02-2004, 08:52 PM
Don't sweat it! We all make mistakes. I love SUVs. (See Signature!) I am certainly not one of those enviromentalists who hate them and think that we should all drive golf carts - and i certainly don't think that we should all drive lowered-to-the-ground loud Civic's either.

As for my cars - the X5 is mine, the 330 is my partner's but we switch off, I will be selling the Land Crusier soon, but still drive it to keep the miles down on the Bimmer, the 4Runner is my wifes, the Rav is the company car that my guys drive, and of course the T/A is mine - all original 10,000 ORIGINAL miles. Yup, 10,000 miles.

Hope you enjoy AW.com - its alot of fun and new meet new people and get new ideas. I am fairly new, but have gotten into it alot.

martman
02-05-2004, 10:50 AM
Don't sweat it! We all make mistakes. I love SUVs. (See Signature!) I am certainly not one of those enviromentalists who hate them and think that we should all drive golf carts - and i certainly don't think that we should all drive lowered-to-the-ground loud Civic's either.

As for my cars - the X5 is mine, the 330 is my partner's but we switch off, I will be selling the Land Crusier soon, but still drive it to keep the miles down on the Bimmer, the 4Runner is my wifes, the Rav is the company car that my guys drive, and of course the T/A is mine - all original 10,000 ORIGINAL miles. Yup, 10,000 miles.

Hope you enjoy AW.com - its alot of fun and new meet new people and get new ideas. I am fairly new, but have gotten into it alot.

Thanks, it is kind of fun. Hey I read last week that the VW touareg will be in europe with a V10 turbo diesel, but no in north america, how come they get all the new cool stuff. Try looking a European car companies web pages, and look at some of the cars etc that they have in Britian etc. very interesting. Vauxhaul etc. in has lots of diesel car etc. what engine is in the T/A?

BMW_4.4i
02-05-2004, 04:06 PM
Yeah i know. Europe does get all the cool stuff.

As for the T/A, its got the 6.6L Pontiac 400, not the Buick engine - all original, never rebuilt or anything. I still have the original tires.

dhph
02-07-2004, 10:33 PM
Good news Excursion fans! The Excursion will continue to be produced for at least the 2005 model year: http://www.courier-journal.com/business/news2004/01/14/biz-front-ford14-3808.html

Wahoo!

integra818
02-08-2004, 12:22 AM
This looks like a thread you would find at supercars.net

If you don't know what I'm talking about, go to that site and you'll know.

RedLightning
02-08-2004, 11:27 AM
[QUOTE=martman]Thanks, it is kind of fun. Hey I read last week that the VW touareg will be in europe with a V10 turbo diesel, but no in north america, how come they get all the new cool stuff.[QUOTE]

actually i do believe the v10 diesel in the touareg, i off course could be wrong. the cool thing is that the diesel touareg has a better 0-60 time then the gas v8, according to Car and Driver, or maybe it was Motor Trend. one good thing for excursions, we use ours to haul around the family during our once a year family reunion, its a lot better then using 2 or 3 cars, and we use it to haul a boat, i just hate ppl who make blind statements like SUV'S suck, or lowered civics suck, they may look bad according to u but the have their strong points.

this last statement might be kind of hypocritical of me after u see my sig.

RedLightning
02-08-2004, 11:35 AM
As one of the largest SUVs on the road, the Excursion has drawn criticism from environmental groups because of its 10 to 12 miles per gallon fuel economy. The Sierra Club dubbed the vehicle the Ford Valdez, saying it was as bad for the environment as the Valdez oil spill in Alaska in 1990.

Fuel economy improved last year when the company began offering a new diesel engine in the Excursion. Diesels now make up more than half of all Excursion sales, and those vehicles average 19 miles per gallon. Harmon said Ford will continue producing both gasoline and diesel Excursions this year, but it may switch to diesel-only Excursions if it keeps the vehicle around for the 2006 model year.

they fail though to mention the 7.3 liter diesel, the first one in the eXcursion, it makes 15/15.5 miles to the gallon, funny thing is we pulled our boat(R.I.P) with it and noticed no change in fuel economy.

us_carfan
02-17-2004, 01:46 PM
I don't know how to say it ... anyways , these days I've seen in Constanta, ROMANIA a Ford , a huge one. Untill now I had seen many big cars like F-150, Hummer H1/H2, and Ford Expedition. I have a passion for big cars (especially american models). When I saw this car (Excursion) i was amazed of its size, it's absolutely beautifull , a huge car on my taste. I can't compare it with any other car that I know and I've saw it by now. I'm sad to read this now that the production will stop soon (or are just rumours?).

anarkist61
02-17-2004, 04:34 PM
[QUOTE=martman]Thanks, it is kind of fun. Hey I read last week that the VW touareg will be in europe with a V10 turbo diesel, but no in north america, how come they get all the new cool stuff.[QUOTE]

actually i do believe the v10 diesel in the touareg, i off course could be wrong. the cool thing is that the diesel touareg has a better 0-60 time then the gas v8, according to Car and Driver, or maybe it was Motor Trend. one good thing for excursions, we use ours to haul around the family during our once a year family reunion, its a lot better then using 2 or 3 cars, and we use it to haul a boat, i just hate ppl who make blind statements like SUV'S suck, or lowered civics suck, they may look bad according to u but the have their strong points.

this last statement might be kind of hypocritical of me after u see my sig.

You're no a hypocrite, trust me. The best thing about this hobby (cars) is you can like whatever you want to!!. I tend to like V8's and big cars but also have a soft spot for various imports. OK, I admit it, cars are an addiction, all kinds!! :rofl:

anarkist61
02-17-2004, 04:42 PM
I don't know how to say it ... anyways , these days I've seen in Constanta, ROMANIA a Ford , a huge one. Untill now I had seen many big cars like F-150, Hummer H1/H2, and Ford Expedition. I have a passion for big cars (especially american models). When I saw this car (Excursion) i was amazed of its size, it's absolutely beautifull , a huge car on my taste. I can't compare it with any other car that I know and I've saw it by now. I'm sad to read this now that the production will stop soon (or are just rumours?).

The story at this point is that originally Ford was discontinueing it after 2004. Apparently they've changed their minds and are now continuing it til 2005 possibly 2006. YIPPEEE!!!
After that they're replacing it with a lameduck extended Excursion. Oh well!!
Personally I like the Excursion better as since adding an independent rear suspension the Expedition like so many has been turned into a car.
I believe in "to each his own" but more and more I see that there are fewer and fewer "real" trucks anymore. When I drive a truck, I like a TRUCK!! When I want a car, I'll drive a car. :2cents:

anarkist61
03-27-2004, 09:48 PM
The latest on the Excursion is:
Originally 2004 was the last year due to lack of sales, (NOT due to ecoweenies persistant whining!! HAHA).
NOW, Ford Division Boss Steve Lyons has just announced that it will be continued at least until 2005, perhaps longer, IF it sells enough units.
The stretched Expedition will STILL be out around 2006, even if the Excursion's still around. Not that I care as the Expedition is a car and the Excursion is a TRUCK!! Period. it's sad that due to the "SUV" craze that trucks are being diluted but then again the car companies are going to build what people want and I can't blame them for that. :icon16:

dpetdog99
03-30-2004, 05:05 AM
As for the T/A, its got the 6.6L Pontiac 400, not the Buick engine - all original, never rebuilt or anything. I still have the original tires.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!! One of my buddies dad has a '69 GTO with a 400. It's not a Judge, but he put stickers on it anyway because he likes the way they look. Hey, more power to him, most people won't know the difference.

Did I type something funny? :confused: :smokin: :icon16: I dunno. I agree with anarkist61 too, even though we may not like certain cars, or certain types of vehicles, and we may say stupid things at times about it, without any shred of evidence to back it up, we all like cars. That's the common denominator, and it sure makes bickering about it kind of fun!!

Dang, I need a good paying job now to get one of these puppies before they become extinct. :(

Have a good one!!

Dan

Estrela
03-30-2004, 04:32 PM
As one of the largest SUVs on the road, the Excursion has drawn criticism from environmental groups because of its 10 to 12 miles per gallon fuel economy. The Sierra Club dubbed the vehicle the Ford Valdez, saying it was as bad for the environment as the Valdez oil spill in Alaska in 1990.

Fuel economy improved last year when the company began offering a new diesel engine in the Excursion. Diesels now make up more than half of all Excursion sales, and those vehicles average 19 miles per gallon. Harmon said Ford will continue producing both gasoline and diesel Excursions this year, but it may switch to diesel-only Excursions if it keeps the vehicle around for the 2006 model year.

they fail though to mention the 7.3 liter diesel, the first one in the eXcursion, it makes 15/15.5 miles to the gallon, funny thing is we pulled our boat(R.I.P) with it and noticed no change in fuel economy.

Thanks so much. I am in the process of buying a new vehicle and was giving up on the Excursion since I heard they were going to be discontinued. I will definately be buying one now... :naughty:

RedLightning
03-30-2004, 05:36 PM
The latest on the Excursion is:
Originally 2004 was the last year due to lack of sales, (NOT due to ecoweenies persistant whining!! HAHA).

Well ppl may have stopped buying them b/c of econoweenies. Oh, why do the ecoweenies only go after suv's it seems? They never go after pickups, boats(which get such bad fuel economy noone rates them), sports cars, or common yard equipment that pollute extremely bad?

anarkist61
04-18-2004, 11:44 AM
Well ppl may have stopped buying them b/c of econoweenies. Oh, why do the ecoweenies only go after suv's it seems? They never go after pickups, boats(which get such bad fuel economy noone rates them), sports cars, or common yard equipment that pollute extremely bad?

They say not to do any "unneccessay" driving and then board a CRUISE ship on their vacations!!! Now THAT's wasteful!! HAHAHA.
Like you said, these people have an agenda and the automobile is an easy target. 40 years of brainwashing the public tends to work huh???
Oh well. WE can enjoy this hobby while we still have one, that's why we're here right?

97chevyman
04-18-2004, 03:00 PM
also, those excursions can off road. Do you know how much torque a 4r100 can handle. How about a sterling 10.5, or a BW-1446. If you do not know what i am talking about, you shouldn't here. Next idiot that tells me a excursion can not mud should be shot or gaged by my nice big cloud of diesel fumes coming from my oil burner, take that tree hugger.

dxrflyboy
04-18-2004, 08:27 PM
Flames aside, Excursions do have their place. What other vehicle, besides the Suburban, can carry 9 people and tow a camper?? Or a boat?? Or a horse trailer?? An F-Series (or any pickup for that matter) may be able to tow as much or more, but can't match the passenger capacity. And you can't get a diesel in a Suburban anymore. Anyway, they're still around in '04, but not a big seller (at least not where I work).

RedLightning
04-20-2004, 05:42 PM
[QUOTE=anarkist61]They say not to do any "unneccessay" driving and then board a CRUISE ship on their vacations!!! Now THAT's wasteful!! HAHAHA.QUOTE]

dang my family is terrible, we jump into the Excursion drive down to the lake pic up the boat then launch it and drive that!!! think of all the gas/diesel we waste!!!

anarkist61
04-28-2004, 02:47 PM
[QUOTE=anarkist61]They say not to do any "unneccessay" driving and then board a CRUISE ship on their vacations!!! Now THAT's wasteful!! HAHAHA.QUOTE]

dang my family is terrible, we jump into the Excursion drive down to the lake pic up the boat then launch it and drive that!!! think of all the gas/diesel we waste!!!

Now THAT sounds like fun!! :icon16:

thunderbird muscle
07-07-2004, 10:10 PM
Excursions rule they are one of the best work machines on the planet and I haven't seen one stopped yet. So what if they are big that just means they can run over punks that get in the way. And yes I do like imports too.

I work at a Ford Dealership and most of the Excursions sold are diessel

twoodballa
08-17-2004, 06:32 PM
Ok, show me a vehicle that can comfortably seat myself (6'4") my twins brothers (both 6'3) my mom and dad and luggage while at the same time getting 18-20mpg on the highway In addition to these requirements, it has to has to be able to tow at least a 10,000lb trailer, and 4wheel drive also.

The Excursion in diesel form is very friendly to the environment and has a real use for many of the people who purchase them. Sure there are some who don't have any need for them what so ever, but most Exursion owners, like my family, by an Excursion because they need to be able to haul the family, and whatever else in tow, and still be comfortable.

wowchad
11-04-2004, 12:36 AM
They never go after pickups, boats(which get such bad fuel economy noone rates them), sports cars, or common yard equipment that pollute extremely bad?

A number of boating magazines rate fuel consumption for boats and now with Mercury SMARTCRAFT you can view your fuel useage at anytime.

We have a minivan and an F-350 diesel, between moving up to a 21' BAJA and increasing our family to 6, looking at diesel Excursions was a must for tow duty.
I hate the thought of fuel useage back and forth to work by myself, but hey I'm from Milwaukee and should have a Harley for the summer right?!?

dougger222
11-05-2004, 07:41 PM
My wifes 2000 Excursion Powerstroke can tow 11,000 lbs according to Ford. With it's straight front axle (Dana50) with locking hubs and it's 11.5 inch rear end (Sterling) it is one off road machine! The rig has American Racing Atlas 16X8 with BFG 295-75-16 (33.5's) that I took off my F250.

We use the F250 with it's air bags for towing the huge dump trailers but empty the Excursion has gotten 19 and 20 mpg's before on a full tank. How many other 8,000 lb vehicles can get 20 mpg?

My wife parked her little 4x4 Bronco with dual straight pipes and the 5.8 to drive the X and she just loves it, one year so far and 24K miles.

There is no other SUV that compares to the X.

The new 05 Excursion has a few changes over the 00-04's. A new grill with headlights and a new bumper. Coil springs on the front replaced the leaf springs meaning a five foot tighter turning radius. The X however did not get the new dash that the 05 Super Duty's got or the 05 triple valve V8 and V10 motor.

wowchad
11-06-2004, 09:36 AM
The new 05 Excursion has a few changes over the 00-04's. A new grill with headlights and a new bumper. Coil springs on the front replaced the leaf springs meaning a five foot tighter turning radius. The X however did not get the new dash that the 05 Super Duty's got or the 05 triple valve V8 and V10 motor.

Does anyone know if the new grill would directly replace an older one?

dougger222
11-07-2004, 08:59 PM
I think you would need the whole front end to do a perfect match. You would need the bumper, grill and head lights I think.

Over to TDS there have been guys buying the parts to swap out 99's-04's. Try Ebay for the parts since there's always owners putting on huge front bumpers and changed the grills out.

leowolf
01-04-2005, 08:26 PM
Luv my 17 mpg excursion, diesel is the way to go!

wowchad
01-05-2005, 10:06 AM
leowolf what engine do you have? We're still trying to decide on either an '03 with the 7.3 or an '04 with the 6.0

leowolf
01-05-2005, 10:31 AM
ive got the 7.3 but you really have to baby it to get this milage, 18.5 today to work and back (12 miles to work in the city). if i could go non stop at 45 mph i could get as much as 30 mpg but alas there are to many stop lights. if the light is long i turn it off. I put it in neutral to coast down long grades too. if its a steep upgrade i go 56 mph, this keeps it from downshifting out of OD.

RedLightning
01-05-2005, 10:39 AM
dang, my dad's 7.3liter, at best got 15.5mpg. Now we get 14mpg. Got 15.2 on our Christmas vacation.

wowchad
01-05-2005, 11:17 AM
We average 15 MPG in our 7.3 F-350, but that's with towing a boat, hauling stone and plowing all averaged out!

leowolf
01-06-2005, 10:50 AM
your dad likes to go 75 huh, that,s what mine does at 75.

yotermanic
01-19-2005, 12:23 AM
Uh...I just read the first couple pages of posts, but there is an Excursion this year, and probably will be next year, and honestly, probably will be as long as Ford sells in Alaska...apparently they sell the hell out of them there.

wowchad
01-19-2005, 08:24 AM
Uh Ford did officially announce this year that the Ex will in fact be discontinued.

bhfdsta.1
02-02-2005, 01:25 PM
Hello kyky! You may want to take a few minutes and read the article attached to the link below. I am willing to bet large amounts of money that ANY new Excursion blows far less emissions than your '94 Tracer.
http://www.caranddriver.com/article...2&page_number=1

P.S.- By the way, the Excursion has not been discontinued, so read up and go pick on something else. :screwy:

Add your comment to this topic!