Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

ok stupid question, sorry

wolfy692005
10-26-2008, 11:04 AM
sorry if this is a repost...
I have a co-worker that has a 72 mgb.. i am buying it sight unseen.. i have a question... are the convertable tops on these cars, mechanical or electric?
thanks in advance
Wolfy

KimMG
10-26-2008, 09:48 PM
Mechanical. You cannot drop it at a stop light like VWs or Fiats. You need to learn how to fold the top properly to avoid damage.
You should look at the car before purchasing. Rust is the biggest problem. MGBs rust from the inside out.
If the sills and rockers are rusty, then its value maybe just a parts car.

kennybrocks
11-15-2008, 03:48 PM
just got a 1975 mgb conv hasent run in a few years while checking ir over found on the starter wireing harness a white with a green tracer wire cut off at the starter end al other wires to starter are connected what is it for and where does it go

KimMG
11-23-2008, 03:08 AM
just got a 1975 mgb conv hasent run in a few years while checking ir over found on the starter wireing harness a white with a green tracer wire cut off at the starter end al other wires to starter are connected what is it for and where does it go

Wiring diagrams are available at http://www.advanceautowire.com click on stock schematics.
The white/lightgreen wire connects the starter to the coil on stock ignition systems.

Add your comment to this topic!