Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Vtec & Boost Help

TegNeedsHelp
09-29-2008, 09:30 PM
I want to know which engine would be best for building up to withstand twin turbo's in my 95 integra. Already has a non vtec which is gay lol, but this is my project car over next year or so, to have a vtec with TT. Any help what so ever would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

CivicSpoon
09-30-2008, 10:48 AM
Twin turbo is pointless for a 4 cylinder engine. Picking the right size turbo will make more than enough power.

Greenblurr93
09-30-2008, 11:34 AM
your factory b series is fine to turbo, twin turbos as stated above is pointless... do some research, there is plenty of information here and elsewhere

TegNeedsHelp
10-03-2008, 01:57 AM
Ok ill do some research then, thanks for the help on that. Now is there a V6 engine id be able to drop in my teg and twin turbo it? And Should i buy a new engine and have it built up if i go with 4 cylinder single turbo or could just have mine built up with 200k miles and have it withstand a turbo? I was thinkin a newer engine but they are so expensive and only place really know bout is Hmotorsonline.com. Thanks for your help and like i said im not good with engines and whatnot thats why on here askin for help.

Greenblurr93
10-03-2008, 05:59 AM
your motor is fine for what youll use it for... no need to get a new one... have it rebuild by a reputable shop and it will be good as new

JDMRicer
11-13-2008, 05:21 AM
YOU CANT TWIN TURBO A 4 CYL!!!!!
if you looking fora way to get bost with vtec you need to buy and install a b series vtec head. they are like $650+ built, thats why you get the gsr... but the LS motor is great to turbo its got great comp. and torque. as for the turbo i would go with something like a t3 or t4.:evillol:

Add your comment to this topic!