Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

where is winshield tank/pump 96 740il

hankflys
09-18-2008, 09:15 AM
Windshield washers in/op. Where can I find the tank and pump and how to get to it? 96 740il / Thanks

Bear
09-19-2008, 06:25 PM
I assume (always dicey) that the tank is located under hood on pasenger side of the car and the pump is located on the tank. I am not really up on your car, I have a '88 750 and that beast has the tanks (yup tanks) in two locations. Under the hood is a two part tank and one pump, the side with the pump is the intense wiper system and the other side is just a reservoir that feeds (via a line near bottom of the tank) a second tank located behind the passenger side head light and that tank has two pumps, one for the head/fog lights and the other (drum roll) feeds the windshield.

Bear
10-12-2008, 04:01 PM
My friends at roadfly.com tell me it is located behind wheel housing on passenger side of car. One source says remove inner wheel housing liner and another says you can reach it without removing the liner, go figure.

hankflys
10-12-2008, 08:57 PM
Thank you so much for the reply, I thought as much, will jack up - remove tire and investigate. So far, nothing has been simple but after solution - well worth the effort. These cars were far advanced for the year of production. Again, many thanks - Hank

hardrock086
10-13-2008, 08:29 PM
hey, the pump is behind the inlay. its very easy to access.

Add your comment to this topic!