Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

79 MGB Emissions with Weber Carb

mre64
07-17-2008, 09:10 PM
my 79 MGB has a weber carb conversion on it. Does anyone know where the emissions tube from the anti run on valve connects on the weber carb. I can not find any information. The emissions were disconnected when the carb was replaced several years ago. I am trying to put the emissions back in place. thank you

paul J
08-19-2008, 05:26 AM
my 79 MGB has a weber carb conversion on it. Does anyone know where the emissions tube from the anti run on valve connects on the weber carb. I can not find any information. The emissions were disconnected when the carb was replaced several years ago. I am trying to put the emissions back in place. thank you
As far as I know, there are no pollution connections on a Weber for an MG hook up. Remember, your car did not come with a Weber from the factory. The Weber is a generic carburetter for many engines. If you want to bring the engine back to factory specs and hook up the proper controls, you'll have to go back to the original carburetter. I think your car had a single Zenith or maybe a Stromberg. You'll have to replace the intake manifold back to the original also. Rather than rebuild the original carbs on late model MGBs, the easy fix, (not necessarily the cheapest), was to install a Weber and disreguard the pollution controls. There's nothing wrong with the original carb if it's clean and set up right, it's just misunderstood by a lot of people.

Add your comment to this topic!