Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

air care problem

Rickmgb
05-19-2008, 01:51 AM
In Vancouver we have this air quality program which measures hydrocarbon etc. Other than leaning the carbs, retarding the timming, some methyl hydrate in the gas. Has anyone got any other suggestions?

KimMG
05-19-2008, 03:09 PM
What is the procedure if your car fails?
In California, I always have the car tested first and if it fails, then I make adjustments or repairs. I make sure all required emmissions equipment is installed. I've only had one car come close to failing. Unknown to me, the catalytic converter had been hollowed out.
Does your car have a catalytic converter?

paul J
06-11-2008, 04:36 AM
In Vancouver we have this air quality program which measures hydrocarbon etc. Other than leaning the carbs, retarding the timming, some methyl hydrate in the gas. Has anyone got any other suggestions?
What model & year is your car? :confused:

Rickmgb
10-18-2008, 12:40 AM
Paul J You are right. I'm sorry for not replying to you sooner. I've been very busy. My "B" is '76 but I installed and older engine (probably early '70s)
I guess I'll install a catalytic converter for the test, then remove it afterwards. Well, there you are, I've answered my own question. Also thank you Kim for your interest. I bought a new MGB in 1966 (I was 17), I still have one now (not the same one). By the way, do you know what other seats might fit in the MG other than Fiero. I will look for your reply everyday. OK not everyday, but for sure every week. (maybe) Tks.

KimMG
10-18-2008, 12:27 PM
Paul J By the way, do you know what other seats might fit in the MG other than Fiero. I will look for your reply everyday. OK not everyday, but for sure every week. (maybe) Tks.

There was some mention of using Miata seats at http://www.mgexperience.net and covering them with covers from Mike's.
May want to try asking at http://www.mgcars.org.uk/ to see what other makes of cars have been used.

Add your comment to this topic!