Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

it's me again...

enigma's95
02-05-2008, 09:19 PM
sorry for posting so many of these fantasy type threads. ive picked up a second job to help make my dreams come true. id like to turn my ej1 (95 civic) into a 12 second car. here's the twist. id like to keep it a daily drive as well. was looking at the '98 type r swap. then i got to thinking boost and GSR and Ls motors. where i live a 12 second car would would murder. but i plan on moving back to south bay (L.A. area). plus i want to take it to the tracks for extra cash hopefully. any help is more than expected. i really REALLY appreciate it everyone. thank you
-alex

P.S. i would love to see the face of someone in an evo or sti when i beat them in my civic. the reason i say that is because everyone up here keeps them stock or just upgrades turbo which id be able to keep up with or beat. i was looking at nissan 240's. dont make me go get one :p
[though they are nice cars!]

thefooshmeister
02-06-2008, 12:13 PM
so what is your question? im not tryin to be a dick about the multi posts..its just clutters and takes up useless space..

just search if youre lookin for motor builds..this place has all the info you need..our input doesnt really matter, at the end of the day its what you want..if you want all motor then go type r or even b20/vtec..or k series..or h series..if you want turbo go with the b18..its all been done and written about so keep dreamin and searchin youll find somethin you like..

Greenblurr93
02-06-2008, 01:12 PM
dont bother with the type R motor if youre gunna boost.... too much money.. If you can get a good price on a GSR ok, but most go with the LS.... youll need to do some serious work to the motor to make it reliable.... I would think about sleeves, forged internals, and a VERY good tune to start with... youre not lookin at a cheap project here... trust me, I built a GSR motor and just finished the turbo kit for it.... Im shooting for 400hp after the dyno tune

enigma's95
02-06-2008, 03:53 PM
i apprecaite all the input. sorry about double posting. i know this isnt going to be a cheap process. what fun would it be if it wasnt? i was just wondering the easiest way to obtain a 12 second car and still keep it a daily driver. with a type r i'd go all motor. but people have told me boosting GSR or LS would get me there as well. plus...i think the type r all motor would be less reliable to a turboed engine. just because of the high compression. but i lack knowledge on comparing the two.

again i really cant thank you people enough!

Greenblurr93
02-06-2008, 03:56 PM
it would be harder (almost impossible) to get a 12 sec N/A car...

Add your comment to this topic!