Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Has anyone experienced a problem with HLJ of late?

exhaust smoke
01-31-2003, 03:40 AM
Hi guys,

Has anyone had a problem with HLJ lately?

I placed an order with them which finally came on Monday after a 2 week wait. When I opened the box they sent me:

Nissan S14 Silvia K's and Nissan 240ZG.

Instead of what I ordered:

Fujimi Yokohama Model 7 wheels and Tohge Honda Civic.

I emailed them on Tuesday to report the mistake...no reply. So I had to send another chaser Email this morning.

So what's the story HLJ??

flyonthewall
01-31-2003, 05:04 AM
Dunno, sounds like you will have 2 free kits though!

Hiroboy
01-31-2003, 05:31 AM
I've also had a problem with them sending me 1 set of wheels worth 600 yen and postage of 1300 yen, and the very next day sending out more items which all were instock in the first place, therefore could have been 1 off box and 1 off postage charge, these were all on one order.

I also have not received any replies to me 3 off emails

Now my order has vanished from the system totally.... Weird:grey:

erix7
01-31-2003, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by exhaust smoke
Hi guys,

Has anyone had a problem with HLJ lately?

I placed an order with them which finally came on Monday after a 2 week wait. When I opened the box they sent me:
Nissan S14 Silvia K's and Nissan 240ZG.
Instead of what I ordered:
Fujimi Yokohama Model 7 wheels and Tohge Honda Civic.

No problems sofar, but I did receive a wrong shipment before. Just contact 'm at trouble.hlj.com and describe the shipment to them.
They may ask you to forward it to the proper address in which case you get your shipping costs and a bonus for your troubles refunded.

BTW 2 weeks wait is not that unusual if the kits aren't in stock (current stock is printed in boldface in the listings).

-- Eric.

flyonthewall
01-31-2003, 06:11 AM
I haven't had probs with HLJ yet but Hobby Search sent a wrong kit in my order a while back. They sorted it out very quickly and i was over impressed with their service and that's one of the reasons why i prefer to part with my cash there.

Fooesboy
01-31-2003, 06:18 AM
The only "problem" I have had with HLJ is that I'm STILL waiting for my big order!!!

Oh and they send 1 packet of plug wire by it's self!

exhaust smoke
01-31-2003, 06:25 AM
I send them an Email at orders@hlj.com, to which they replied saying it was the wrong address. I then sent two emails to trouble@hlj.com...no reply!

I usually only order items that are in stock. These items were and they usually take 1 week after the Shipping Notice is sent. Not this time though! However, my Enzo and other stuff which was ordered after did arrive after one week. Got two orders delivered in one day!!

Asmenoth
01-31-2003, 10:41 AM
No problems here, they did send me a 1/12 scale F1 detail kit by mistake once. Imagine my surprise to see this big box on my front porch and all I had ordered from them was some decals. A pity I dont build 1/12 scale F1 cars.

exhaust smoke
01-31-2003, 10:55 AM
Hey guys,

I got an Email HLJ concerning the cock up on my order. Apparently HLJ staff have been down with flu.

Anyways, they told me not to open the package (too late!!) as they may have sent me somebody elses order.

They are investigating. Bet this is gonna takes ages!!

Keep you posted

joecwlaw
01-31-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by exhaust smoke
Hey guys,

I got an Email HLJ concerning the cock up on my order. Apparently HLJ staff have been down with flu.

down with flu???????????:flipa: :flipa: :flipa:

no way, that's not a reason or a reasonable excuse......I have problem with hlj system as well. Their status page was down for a day, and then once it was up, they said they already sent me partial items . and then on another day, they have stocks for me and sent the rest. WTF......they were wasting my postage cost.

cph81
01-31-2003, 02:55 PM
HLJ must been hire a guy that like to drink sake during work.

Jay!
01-31-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by joecwlaw
down with flu???????????:flipa: :flipa: :flipa:

no way, that's not a reason or a reasonable excuse..... They only have like 16 employees. And they sell more than just car models... ;)

tonioseven
01-31-2003, 03:23 PM
I've been waiting a little longer than usual for my order but I thought it was just me.

integra818
01-31-2003, 06:52 PM
I sent them my order, then, about 3 months later they send me an e-mail tellin me my rims are out of production, and they're gonna charge me only fot the rest of the stuff I ordered( 2 cars, and 2 sets of wings). After my cars arive, they send me an e-mail telling me one of my wing sets went out of production. It took only 6 days for the package to get here.

clatescivicr
01-31-2003, 06:54 PM
After I had confirmed my email saying I wanted my stuff shipped it took atleast 2 weeks to say my stuff was shipped. But I just checked with UPS and they say my stuff will be at my house on the 4th! It also said that 444 other orders are in that shipment :eek: I'll let ya know if anything of mine is missing or wrong.

exhaust smoke
02-03-2003, 07:42 AM
Hi guys,

Sorry for bringing up an old thread, but here's the latest on the saga.

HLJ have written to me saying that my order is currently in Australia. They have instructed both parties to post each other their orders. In return, we'll be refunded with the postage costs and given an extra 1000Yen credit on our accounts. Not too bad, I suppose it's the cheaper option for HLJ as opposed to letting us keep the kits.

flyonthewall
02-03-2003, 09:55 AM
Hmmm, still shouldn't be both parties responsibility to get these orders to each other. What if the other person didn't bother to send their package?????

tonioseven
02-03-2003, 10:42 AM
For the U.S residents: "Our United States staf have been on vacation for 2 weeks and will return February 3,2003 to resume business " I have no explanation for anywhere else but I hope we all get our kits; I have faith that they will come through with flying colors as always.:grey:

exhaust smoke
02-03-2003, 10:58 AM
Hmmm, still shouldn't be both parties responsibility to get these orders to each other. What if the other person didn't bother to send their package?????

There is that possibility, quite risky actually! I've emailled the guy is Oz, no reply, but that's probably because of the time difference. If I don't get me stuff, I'll moan like crazy to HLJ and threaten to withdraw my custom!!

Integra14
02-03-2003, 01:55 PM
haha.. ihope you get to keep the kits!!! ijust received my package from hlj, but my gundams were on backorder b4.. but now they send them by themselves.. :(

Add your comment to this topic!