Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Having trouble with my D16 ZC DOHC. Runs then dies.

91 CRX ZC
09-04-2007, 03:37 AM
I got a 1991 CRX SI, engine swap with a D16 DOHC ZC engine. About 80,000 miles on it.

Last week, I went to wendys right down the street, as I was pulling into the parking lot, my car lost a Bunch of power, and putterd as if it was out of gas. My gas guage said 1/4 tank. After about 20 seconds, my car died on me. As I went to start it back up, it putterd more, then died about 3 seconds later. I checked under the hood, to see if something was disconnected but nothing was. So I let my car sit for about 30-45 minutes, trying to decide what I should do. I then got back into my car, and prayed it would start, and it did. I was able to drive home. The next day, I got into my car, and drove out of my driveway, and down the street a littlebit, before my car started doing it again. It putterd, and died. I try to start it back up, and it putterd and died. I let it sit for about 20 minutes or so, then started right back up, I drove it around for a few minutes, then it did it again. My car keeps doing it, and I dont know what could be causing it to do this. I got gas, new fuel filter, good spark plugs, and wires, just cleaned out my injectors, I got great compression, I just dont know what this could be. Sometimes I let it sit for not even 5 minutes before it start back up. I just cant drive for no more than 10 minutes before it starts this problem, but i can let the car idle, for an hour, and it will be fine.

Could this be my ingitor? (Egnition control modguel). Or wat??? Can this problem maybe be fixed by reseting my ECU>????? My car is not over heating, I have a fan, that is on the whole time cooling the engine so it never gets hot. Please let me know. I am new to this website, so please shoot me a message at

Civichop@yahoo.com Anything will help!

Add your comment to this topic!