Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

b16 swap question

GSXBMX
07-25-2007, 04:24 PM
ive decided just to go the route of a b16 swap into my 1992 civic hatch instead of an h22...the h22 just seems a bit out of my range right now.my question is..i have found a site where i can get the following:
- Motor
- Hydraulic Tranny (S21, Y21)
- ECU (P30)
- Alternator
- Starter
- Clutch
- Flywheel
- Intake Manifold
- Exhaust Manifold
- Fuel Rail
- Injectors
- Distributor
- Engine Harness
- Comes With All Sensors Needed
- LSD Tranny (Optional +$300)
for the price of 1750.00....or for the price of 2250.00 i can get all that plus stock motor mounts,axels with halfshaft and shift linkage.....is the extra stuff needed for this swap or not a neccesity?

GSXBMX
07-25-2007, 04:36 PM
also,will a b16a1 work for the swap into my 92 hatch or will i need to go with the b16a2?and what are the main differences between the two

CivicSpoon
07-25-2007, 05:46 PM
You'll need a b-series shift linkage (not the del sol one though), a b-series driver's side mount, a b-series rear mount bracket, as well as axles. The axles you get from the swap will be used, and will likely only be used as a core for new ones. If you can, just go to a junkyard to find those other parts, it should be cheaper that way; than to spend $500. With the driver's side mount, just make sure to get one that has the same amount of mount holes as the block (there is a 2 hole one and a 3 hole one).

And don't be confused by engine codes. From the site you're looking at (hmotorsonline), they're both the B16A (no # after the A) because they are both jdm. But from your question; to go with the '88-'91 or '92-'95, you should go with the one that comes with the hydraulic transmission and not the cable one. Other wise you'll have to buy a mount kit from hasport, so you can use the cable tranny in your stock hydro car.

Add your comment to this topic!