Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1995 civic ex swap...

enigma's95
06-25-2007, 08:39 PM
so, i have about 4 grand. thinking of dropping a b18c5 (type r) with LSD tranny into my 95 civic ex. im wondering if everything is going to match up.
https://www.tigerjapanese.com/product_info.php?cPath=42&products_id=135 here is the site. details, prices, all that good gooshy gooshy. my parents have doubts. im wondering for all you who have done it or know of people who have done the swap, if any of the engines have been bad, or if they blew up withing 30 days. the engine im buying only has a 30 day warrenty...parents hate that. im trying to convense them the engine wil last waaaay longer than 30 days. i really appreciate all the help. thank you.

Greenblurr93
06-26-2007, 03:13 AM
it will bolt up, youll need to wire for the knock sensor.

thefooshmeister
07-05-2007, 11:45 PM
id estimate more money for other things that may need replaced..while you have the motor out id think about replacing all the belts, plugs, clutch/flywheel or doing any internal work that you would want to do..its a lot easier to do with it out.
i bought my b16 a little over a year ago from another motor store and it took them forever to get me all my parts. even sent me the wrong ecu so make sure you tell them exactly what you need. my clutch is goin out on it or somethings bad with the tranny gotta figure that out after i get my acura next week but other than that no complaints..sucks that the tigerjaps wont even give you free shipping..even mine did that

Greenblurr93
07-06-2007, 07:12 AM
thats a given in my mind, take your budget, and about double it. thats most likely the total youre going to spend after all is said and done

cjcivic
07-18-2007, 02:32 AM
that is an amazing deal for a type r motor with an lsd tranny. the cheapest i have ever seen one was for 4500. you are going to need to get a wiring harness conversion to get the obd2 type r to hook up to your obd1 civic. u r also going to need axles from any b series and shift linkage.

Add your comment to this topic!