Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Too much fuel need help

JDMZC1
06-10-2007, 03:11 PM
:banghead:I need a little help i have a 1990 CRX SI with a JDM DOHC ZC mototr in it. The car is spitting so much fuel out i believe the system is RC 440 cc injectors a 255 lpm walbro fuel pump and the fuel rails i am assuming are stock. What can I do to regulate the fuel. The car sometimes smells so much like fuel it is annoying i was thing about getting an adjustable fuel pressure regulator by AEM but which one would i get seeing as it it a ZC motor. Could a universal one work? Also would an MSD system help? Thanks a lot

CivicSpoon
06-10-2007, 04:31 PM
Get rid of the injectors, they are way too big for your setup. Get some 220cc-250cc, anything more will be overkill and cause the engine to run too rich. That fuel pump is overkill as well, even walbro's 190lpm would be overkill.

The fuel pressure regulators, like AEM's, will only allow you to raise fuel pressure, it won't let you lower it. And don't waste your $ on an MSD ignition, it will do nothing for your setup.

JDMZC1
06-10-2007, 10:45 PM
Hey thank you for your help that is what I figured because it is a good car I just can't figure out why the guy would do that. I am trying to make the car a street car it just seems like there is a lot of work to be done again thank you.

Greenblurr93
06-11-2007, 03:54 PM
240cc are factory... i would save those for a turbo setup if you plan on doing one in the future.

Add your comment to this topic!