Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

After almost 18 years is about time...

TheSantos
05-23-2007, 02:07 AM
Hello everybody,

I have a1989 CRX Si that I purchased brand new that same year after finishing high school. Since then, this little car has followed me all over from P.R. to Illinois to Charleston then back to P.R from there out again to New Jersey then Virginia, Hawaii, Boston and now back to Virginia. As you all know this is what makes Hondas such great cars; they're literally bullet proof. Although I've been taken the best possible care for it, the years are starting to show. Finally I have enough time and money to make something nice to this car. I'm planning to go all out. Restore paint, interior, upgrade the engine ,suspension, tires all that.
I have mixed feelings whether if I should rebuild the D16A6 engine I have, perhaps add some force induction along with whatever necessary upgrades to it or do a complete swap with a B type engine. I have heard many different opinions, I'm sure must of them come down to personal preference. In my case I'm looking for the most efficient, reliable and cost effective option. What do you guys think? Which way should I go?
I'd love to find a combination that would give as close as 200hp as possible, that I could drive every day without constant twicking and won't make just buying a whole new car a better choice. I would appreciate your good feedback.

AudioGuy93DelSol
05-23-2007, 11:50 AM
K20 swap would put you at a very reliable 200 HP but it's a bit pricey. The big question is how much money do you want to drop on this project. Check this (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=19176) out for more motor swap options.

Greenblurr93
05-23-2007, 02:09 PM
b18c5?

Add your comment to this topic!