Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

question about my crx.

everettwideman
04-14-2007, 02:26 AM
hi guys. im pretty eliterate when it comes to the mechanics of cars. perhaps someone could help me out with a question. i just bought a 1991 crx si import from japan. i was driving it today and as i was speeding on the highway one of the spark plug distributer things popped of and i lost most of my power and the engine started getting very hot. i stoped right away and figured out what happened and everything went back to how it was before... normal. the temp gage on the engine is normal when driving. now my overheat light on the dash wont go off. i tryed disconnecting the battery and resenting the computer and all put it wont go off. does any one no what could be the problem, everything seems to be fine. some of the plugs ontop of the engine come off a little with the new plugs. its a little weird but they are brand new plugs. they are the 4 things that drop down into the engine. anyways if you guys have had any similiar experiences please let me no. any answers would be greatly appreciated. thanx

alphalanos
04-19-2007, 05:57 PM
Kind of hard to tell. Sounds like you might have a coolant problem for one. Second your plug wires might not be installed correctly. The rubber tubes should 'click' onto the tops of the spark plugs securely. Maybe try a different set of wires, try to get OEM ones if you can. Check your coolant level and make sure its not leaking anywhere.

Add your comment to this topic!