Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Question about 95 Civic EX swap to GSR

eurobeaner
02-09-2007, 09:25 AM
Ok. im getting a 1995 obd1 gsr integra that is totaled in the rear for $1500. I have the d16z6 in there now... when i swap to the gsr into my car, can i use the gsr wiring harness? you know where all the engine wires go through the firewall to the right side of the master cyl... well there are 2 connectors there, I think one is brown and one is grey. well, i was wondering wether or not it is possible to unconnect the gsr from that point and connect it directly to mine. is this possible? OR... does the b18c share every sensor with thed16? like use the d16 harness for the b18.... and all mounts will bolt up right? and YES I HAVE SEARCHED!! I have every part to the car, so any suggestions will be great. Thanks

eurobeaner
02-12-2007, 09:41 AM
YEP, this forum is dead.... 3 days and no answer... i searched and found that the plugs are the same, and i can use the stock harness... BUT! my stock harness is hacked a little, soooooooo, I want to use the B18 one..... Is this possible? and do i have to use the gsr throttle cable? and what about the knock sensor and the iat or whatever(secondary runners)? There is tons of info, but all is from like 2000 and 2002. NONE of the pics work... thats not alot of help.... any suggestions?

CivicSpoon
02-12-2007, 01:24 PM
Either harness will be fine, stock throttle cable will work fine. You'll need to use an Integra rear mount bracket (The L shaped bracket), as well as an Integra Driver's side mount. Here are the pins that the knock sensor and the IAB need to be wired into: http://www.ff-squad.com/tech/wiring/wiring.92-95.jpg

eurobeaner
02-13-2007, 03:28 PM
thank you very much. your a pimp

Greenblurr93
02-15-2007, 04:40 PM
any questions, PM me, ive done this exact swap.

Add your comment to this topic!