Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Rebuilt shocks for MGB

aaronfw
12-29-2006, 05:11 PM
Can any one suggest a shop in the US that would be able to rebuilt the front and rear shocks for my MGB? I have seen a set n ebay from the UK and the price is $320 w/ shipping. Apple out of NY will cost about the same plus s/h and a $45.00 core charge per shock.

Thanks for the help. Aaron

Flash75
12-30-2006, 05:22 AM
Aaron; The best place to get rebuilt shocks is from World Wide Auto Parts of Madison, Inc. Their web site is; http://www.nosimport.com/?
They do a great job with their rebuilds. The prices will probably be about the same as Apple. The shocks from Wide World Auto parts are guaranteed not to leak. I bought shocks from Apple and they leaked in less than a year. You will have to send in the cores ahead of time or be charged a core charge. They need the cores to continue offering rebuilds. You can go to the post office and get a flat rate priority mailer box that costs $8.10 to mail, the boxes are free. It will hold two shocks. So you can mail in 4 old shocks for $16.20. The shocks from the UK are probably not rebuilds, the are what I would call refurbished, they change the fluid and send them out. The are cheap over there, you may luck out and get good shocks. In any case they aren't worth returning if they are no good. Give Peter a call at World Wide Auto Parts

Clifton

Add your comment to this topic!