Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

77 Fender Problems

Vyske
06-06-2006, 09:40 PM
Me and my dad are restoring an old 1977 MGB thats old, rusty, dirty, doesn't run, can't start, and we can't get the fenders off. I think that we need to take the windshield off but he doesn't think so. I can't find any other way to get it off. We've looked at manuals, restoration guides, and magazines but can't find out how to get it off. Anyone ever do it before?

KimMG
06-07-2006, 05:37 AM
Try www.mgbexperience.com
Skye has posted lots of pictures in his journal about taking his B apart for restoration.
You may also find other journal entries from other B owners.

Flash75
06-11-2006, 04:28 AM
Your dad owes you one, the windshield has to be removed on MGB roadsters for fender removal. The windshield pillars go through a cutout in the fenders. Good luck.

Clifton

KimMG
06-11-2006, 06:49 AM
Clifton-
Don't the bolts for the windshield go through the fender? I never seen anyone take a fender off to remove the windshield. Although to make winshield removal easier I have seen people loosen or remove the dash.

Vyske -
Skye detailed the procedure for removal and installation of the windshield in his journal.
http://www.mgbexperience.com/journal/Skye/382
somewhere between the 50th and 65th entries.

Flash75
06-11-2006, 06:49 PM
Kim, I didn't say what I intended to say, I guess I woke up too early. I should have said "the windshield has to be removed on MGB roadsters for fender removal. Vyske's question was, "does the windshield need to be removed before the fenders can be removed?" I botched the answer and will edit my response. Thanks for reminding me.

Add your comment to this topic!