Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

IRL popularity

TheStang00
06-05-2006, 02:46 AM
i watched the watkins glen race today, and i have watched all the races except motegi, and i was at indy. my question is why dont more people watch this, it is the most exciting racing on TV, period. im a big nascar fan but i love this stuff.

on another note, i think marco andretti is going to make the IRLs popularity go through the roof. if any of you have watched the last two weeks, the kid can drive....

CarInfoGuy
06-17-2006, 06:34 PM
Part of the problem is getting a chance to watch it. It's not on 3 channels all weekend long like NASCAR. They've got to get a better TV deal.

Other than that, I think they're doing just fine. The broadcasts are interesting, the split screen is something NASCAR should look in to. The spec engines are keeping the series competitive, and an Andretti back in the mix can only help bring old fans back from wherever they've gone to (unless it's the grave).

TheStang00
07-19-2006, 12:08 AM
seriously, you people need to watch this. and if your part of the ratings network, you REALLY should watch it. lets help get this sport more popular. this racing is more fun to watch than any other series on tv.

Add your comment to this topic!