Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 excursion brakes and turn signal fuse blows

gregotowno
12-18-2005, 09:48 AM
I think there is a short somewhere in the wiring harness. Fuse #13 blows immediately when i plug it in. has anyone had this specific problem fixed? what was the problem?

Regards

Greg

KimMG
01-04-2006, 12:27 AM
I had a similar problem on a different car. You have either a faulty component or a pinch/rubbed wire in the circuit. Make an enlarged copy of the wiring diagram. This will make it easier to mark off sections of the circuit as you check the wiring.

The problem I had was a pinched wire. The wire was pinched during a repair and it took about a year for the insulation to rub through. The problem with my friends car was a short on the back of the fuse box that burned up the insulation on a few wires causing a short.
Unplug the brake light switch and the turn signal switch and see if the fuse still blows. Check the back of the fuse box and see if there are any burned connections.
Be patient and methodical when checking the circuit. Start with components and connections then physically check the wiring. It may take a few hours and a few fuses, but you will find the problem.

Add your comment to this topic!