Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Restored / Rebuilt 1979 MGB For Sale

Greg_Chauvin
09-15-2005, 04:54 PM
Hello,

I have for sale for seriously interested parties only, a 1979 MGB. This car, a car-show award winner, has been fully restored by myself and professionals to what I consider show room condition. Since restoration, I have driven it less than 3000 kilometers, which was completed in the summer of 2003. I always keep the car garaged, and only drive it occasionally and only in nice weather. The car odometer shows 48,000 kilometers. I am the 4th owner.

This project was a complete tear down (to the last nut and bolt), and the restoration/rebuild was done over a 2+ year period.

The complete engine/transmission/drive train has been professionally rebored/rebuilt and painted. Many new parts involved in this, including gaskets, new higher CR pistons/rings, bearings, seals, syncros, bearings, clutch assembly, and throw-out bearing to name a few.

Complete professionally done front end rebuild, including all bushings, bearings, king pins, etc.

Prior to rebuild both the front end and rear transaxle assemblies were sandblasted, primed, and painted.

For the main body restoration the main body shell was bolted at front and rear onto a "spit" which allowed us raise the body well off the floor and to allow us to rotate/flip the entire shell as it was being worked on. (the entire spit assembly was on wheels so it could be move around in the body shop.) The shell was sand blasted, and all rusted metal was cut away, and many, many brand new metal parts were welded in place. The car now weighs about 25 pounds more than it should because after all metal work was done, the entire shell was sand blasted, and then primer painted with a high quality "zinc rich" primer. This car will not rust in my liftime. New front bumpers, and new door skins, completed the main body metal work. Car was professionally painted bright red (forget the MGB color code), and 3 coats of clear coat. All other metal undercarriage parts have been painted a gloss black.

During the rebuild, new brake lines installed, new brake parts, new rotars, etc. New gas lines, new gas tank and sender unit, new fuel pump, professionally rebuilt alternator, professionally rebuilt starter.

New rubber virtually everywhere, new Michelen X1 tires, new top, new carpet/uphostery, including new trunk/spare upholstery (I know it's not stock), rebuilt carb ... add a non-stock battery holder, plus added non-stock vinyl front inner fender liners to protect the investment

The car drives great, and it's a real head turner in it's current condition. I'm selling it because I am soon starting another car restoration project and need to make room. (also will get a divorce if I try and keep two project cars!)

I am selling it for $15,000 Canadian dollars ... this is far less than invested in this project .. (This is around $12,500 US at todays exchange.)

I am located in Nova Scotia Canada. I can be reached at 902-852-3933 .... or leave me e-mail at greg_chauvin@hotmail.com

regards

Greg

Add your comment to this topic!