Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Switch to roadracing is AMAZING!

fallenprnce
09-15-2004, 05:59 PM
I am very excited to see how indy racing shapes out, i love the idea of having more roadraces... less monotonous racing.

Layla's Keeper
09-17-2004, 03:10 AM
To call the IRL monotonous is really to sell short the close finishes the series is known for.

I'm glad that the IRL is starting out on natural road courses and not rovals, as that would shortchange the fans and render pointless the effort. Still, it doesn't change the fact that Tony George still hasn't fulfilled his promise of reuniting America's short track drivers with Indy. Hopefully the Chesson brothers' efforts in Infiniti Pro are being recognized and they'll be contesting for wins next year.

Indy needs to rekindle its old fraternal partnership with USAC. That incredible open wheel drivers like Kasey Kahne, Jason Leffler, Mike Bliss, J.J. Yeley, and Tracy Hines are ending up in NASCAR stock cars is exactly the reason that the IRL has trouble bringing in new fans. Remember that Indy's roots are in the fields of America's midwest, at short tracks like Winchester, Anderson, Sandusky, Eldora, Oswego, Milwaukee, and the list goes on and on. Cut off the roots, and the whole thing dies.

Add your comment to this topic!