Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Twenty years!!

MPWR
05-15-2023, 01:21 PM
I am kind of amazed (and just a little bit disturbed) to discover that I joined AF

20 YEARS AGO!

:eek7:

Good to see that there are still recent posts from people who people who have been here longer than me! :sunglasse

I suppose I should post a build or something....

CifeNet
05-15-2023, 06:32 PM
I support your 20 years anniversary post. :)

I think the traffic is so much lower now that we get other social networking means to share the hobby (Facebook, Instagrams, et ), but I know AF still has many cool members!

MPWR
05-16-2023, 06:31 AM
Yay, I'm not the only one!! :lol:

AF is not quite what it once was, but it still goes on. :thumbsup:

Robi J
05-19-2023, 06:36 AM
I'm supporting your anniversary post, too.
Nice to hear from you both... :)

CifeNet
05-22-2023, 08:12 PM
Yay, I'm not the only one!! :lol:

AF is not quite what it once was, but it still goes on. :thumbsup:

I'm supporting your anniversary post, too.
Nice to hear from you both... :)

Excellent guys!! :)

potsie
05-23-2023, 07:20 PM
I agree it is a shame that AF is not quite what it was, but I am certainly glad it still exists! I have not been posting as much as I want recently due to life "stuff", but I still visit regularly. Fingers-crossed I will contributing again soon.

I think I may be longer than 20 years already.....

Lambo003
05-23-2023, 11:27 PM
:thumbsup:

mentel
06-09-2023, 12:44 AM
I am kind of amazed (and just a little bit disturbed) to discover that I joined AF

20 YEARS AGO!

Good to see that there are still recent posts from people who people who have been here longer than me! :sunglasse

Kinda nuts isn't it. It's like a time machine, back into the happier times on this planet.

willimo
06-09-2023, 08:44 AM
Some names in here! I'm about a month away from 20 years myself. I miss this place... but it's my fault, it seems to still be active, no?

MPWR
06-21-2023, 06:00 PM
... but it's my fault, no?

I wouldn't say all your fault.
But we all make the forum what it is, like we always have. Having cool old people around is cool. :sunglasse

It's like a time machine, back into the happier times on this planet.

Yeah, kinda is, isn't it? I really miss the community here.

I just heard from gionc. Soon as we get his log in sorted, seems he'll be around also.

robrex
06-24-2023, 03:24 AM
Whoa! same :)

quadzero
06-27-2023, 08:51 PM
Congrats on 20 years. I am almost there myself. This place was like a second home to me but nowadays I just visit. Once I started my new job a long time ago and with side projects, I just can't find the time to get back to a kit. This really is a great place.

willimo
06-28-2023, 06:14 AM
It's my own fault to miss it - because I'm not coming. I'm going to try and start making visiting this page part of my routine again. It's frustrating that everything is on social media instead of a place like this, which is so much more of a community. So I'll be the change I want to see in the world and see what happens.

I just ordered some wheels from Geronimo Works, which is why I decided to come looking here. My wife asked what was in the box, and I showed her, and then I said, "I still have his very first wheelset from... almost 20 years ago... still in the box... on the shelf... so I bought more?" Boy did I lose steam getting that sentence out!

I'm currently living overseas from my regular home so I won't be posting WIPs and finished for a while (plus, I'll have to figure out how to host pictures? is that what ultimately made this place inaccessible?) but I thoroughly intend to try and be more active once I get back to the bench :thumbsup:

(Sidenote, I remember doing :whatever: in text messages before emoji came out, what a weird artifact of vBulletin!)

Scale-Master
08-04-2023, 04:50 PM
Congratulations. 19 years for me. Yes, it is good to see some of the people I met early on still here.
I've tried to post consistently. Even resurrected an old thread today as I try to finish it...

teszion
09-05-2023, 09:06 AM
Congratulations. I'll be the same in three months.
It's been so long since I've been here.
Although loading errors are still frequent and the inconvenience of registering photos is limited.
I hope your wonderful works continue.

druid_99
09-05-2023, 09:59 PM
Wow... after for quite some time since my last visit here, I felt the urge to visit it today and pulls me to this post... In three months it will be my 21st year of being a member here... how time flies.

tpliquid
09-15-2023, 11:11 PM
yea in on this

willimo
09-26-2023, 08:55 PM
Ok, so I feel like this is a page and change of us all kind of looking back in nostalgically.

I for one kind of want to get this community back going. I don't even know how to make it happen, but have considered posting about AF on my social media. I don't have a big following, but it includes some old timers.

Am I the only one that misses this enough to attempt bringing it back? Do we worry that it might bring in some social media weirdos if we try to market it? Is it worth it?

klutz_100
10-11-2023, 05:52 AM
woooow - just popped in out of the blue and saw this thread. I almost had to wipe a tear away :D

So nice to see some familiar names still!

I think I joined about 19 years ago and really loved the place. I learned soooo much from everyone here at the time. The sharing and mutual support was fantastic!

Unfortunately life got in the way and I haven't touched a model in years. I still can't bring myself to get rid of my not-so-small stash though hehe I keep telling myself that one day....

In the meantime I even became a granddad and started to build a sailing dingy but that WIP kinda go stalled as well ;)

A very very fond "hello" to anyone who remembers me from the good old days :naughty::cheers:

potsie
10-12-2023, 01:07 AM
It is good to see some familiar names in this thread, though it is a shame we seem to have a similar story of "life got in the way"!

@Willimo - I would certainly be very happy to see AF even 10% as busy as it used to be. I hope to get back to the bench this (southern hemisphere) summer and get posting again!

stratos75
10-23-2023, 02:59 PM
For me, still 3 and a half years to a twenty-year anniversary.

360spider
10-29-2023, 02:32 PM
Dude! Way to make me feel old, lol.

sportracer02
12-27-2023, 12:02 PM
Hi guys,

nice to read long unread names here.

I'm still building models, WIPs are more posted on Insta or FB, where you can post photos directly.

In the last years I changed the job, built a house and I'm 6-times grandfather.

So go on and build some models ;-)

Micha

MaxSE
03-07-2024, 02:07 PM

20 YEARS AGO!

WOW! I'm creeping up on 22 years! Like others have said amazing to see some fellow "era" hobbyist, - I remember participating the #1 ever MOTY competition,(circa 2003 maybe) IIRC @Primeraman @Jay! were the founders & prize donators!

Happy to have randomly decided to log-in to day & found this thread!

Add your comment to this topic!